Friday, October 7, 2016

The Best Parts

 It felt like a crazy week at our house.  The weather was nice, but our days were filled with a mix of good and bad.  We got to see friends, do some fun things, go on walks and bake some great treats.  We also had sickness, doctor visits, ear infections, prescriptions, injuries and a snake (still haven't gotten over this one!!). The week felt exhausting and I'm ready for a long weekend.  Kevin's on Fall break today so we are hoping to squeeze in some fun!!

// 1 //
Halloween is here!
I still need to decorate my house for Halloween, but our Halloween books are out.  I always pick out a new book or two for each holiday for the kids.  We read them all month long and get pumped up for the holiday.  10 Trick or Treaters is a really cute counting book.  I also ordered Room on a Broom after SEVERAL people (Jo & Jess!) recommended it.  I keep a basket of holiday books by our fireplace and we switch them out monthly.  The teacher in me loves this tradition and I hope my kids grow up loving to read books :)

// 2 //
Honeycrisp Apples
We can't get enough Honeycrisps right now.  They're a great deal at Sams and seem to be the cheapest place I've found them.  I think they were $8.98 for 5lbs.  We're on our second bag of them and as you can see the toddler loves them, too!  She insists on having a whole apple and usually demolishes it.  Are you a Honeycrisp fan??  I keep thinking I'll make a pie or some apple crisp with them, but we keep eating up our stash of apples too quickly.  
PS I also love these Pioneer Woman dishes from last year.  I have my eye on several of her new items from her Fall collection - towels, salad plates, etc.  Do you own any of it yet??

// 3 //
Duplo Class
I signed Olive up for a monthly Duplo building class and we went with friends this week.  It was so much fun!  She was the only girl there, but she didn't mind one bit.  We learned all about fire, fire trucks, emergencies, 911, hoses, etc.  They got to build their own fire trucks and then work their way through stations of Duplos.  It was a blast and she didn't need much help to have fun.  Fletcher was wishing he could join in the fun and eat some Duplos, but he watched from the sidelines instead.  You should check into these classes if you have a Bricks 4 Kidz in your area.  


// 4 //
Salads
My salads were delicious this week!  I mentioned earlier this week that one of my goals was to eat colorful meals and I feel pretty good about that this week.  We picked up some marked down veggies in the produce section and stocked up on salad fixins.  I had an Italian Salad - turkey pepperoni, sharp cheddar cheese, tons of veggies, cavatappi noodles on mixed greens with Light Olive Garden Italian Dressing.  It was soooo good!!  Have you tried the Olive Garden dressings??  The Light Italian is amazing!!
 I added bow tie pasta to my salads this week and they were so filling.  This one had hard boiled eggs, tons of veggies and bow tie pasta.  My go to dressing is Ken's Honey Mustard.  It's amazing and a little drizzle of it goes a long way. 

// 5 //
Favorite Kid Pics
Here are both of my kids at 6 months old.  So cute!!  I love seeing their similarities and differences.  Most people said Olive looked just like Kevin as a baby and Fletcher looks like me.  I always love a good side by side sibling picture.
Fletcher had his 6 month well check and we found out he had his first ear infection and sinus infection.  Glad we got him checked out.  Big sister was in the same boat so they are both on meds.  We also found out that he's still growing like a weed!  He grew two inches and two pounds since our last visit!!
My MIL sent Olive this Cinderella shirt.  Ariel and Cinderella are her favorite princesses.  So she insists on wearing this shirt as much as possible.  She's also loving the great weather and playing out in our backyard.

Best posts of the week:

My Favorite Chili Recipe
 I wish I had doubled my recipe so that we could have enjoyed this all week long!


Toddler Time Activities


Best Crock Pot Recipes


I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works?

11 comments:

  1. A snake? I need to hear more!

    I'm sorry about the sickness! No fun! I hope they are on the mend quickly.

    That Lego class looks like fun! And I love little Fletcher's face as he watches :)

    Have a great day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KristenOctober 7, 2016 at 8:26 AM
    A snake? I need to hear more!

    I'm sorry about the sickness! No fun! I hope they are on the mend quickly.

    That Lego class looks like fun! And I love little Fletcher's face as he watches :)

    Have a great day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! Your kids are adorable and they both look so similar at 6 months! That Duplo class sounds like a lot of fun. My little guys would love something like that. Have a great weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been having a huge honey crisp apple every day for an afternoon snack and they are just SO delicious! Your salads look absolutely delicious..as USUAL!! :) Love that picture of Olive and her nature cutting tray- we are going to go on a nature scavenger hunt this weekend and I can't wait to get in the fresh air with my kiddos! :) Have a wonderful weekend friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I. Hate. Snakes! Yikes! So sorry about the ear infections. Those are no fun at all. Henry's done Bricks for Kids. I haven't seen ones for younger kids. That would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been so busy this week and our weekend is pretty full too so... I'm going to need a nap come Monday :) I hope everyone is feeling better and what's up with the snake? I don't do snakes so I would have freaked out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A snake??? Yikes!! Your salads look delicious! Very inspiring. Happy Friday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A duplo building class? That's awesome! Abigail is totally getting into legos these days and would love something like that!!

    And aw, poor loves on the pink meds! I Hope they take it easy on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They say that ear infections are not contagious but I've found if one of us has an ear infection then most of us have one. Your salads are on point once again. I would eat more salads if you made them. We are also enjoying the Halloween books. Jack loves the book Going on a Bear Hunt and when I found Going on a Ghost Hunt I knew we needed to add it to our collection. I hope y'all have a fab weekend and enjoy Kevin's time off from work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need some Honey crisps ASAP! Aldi had them super cheap one time last year. I love the side by shot of the kiddos. You can definitely tell they are siblings for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea for your holiday books! So fun! And those honeycrisp apples look delicious! I bought some of that caramel apple dip this weekend and I'm so excited for some fall snacks!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.