Monday, October 24, 2016

October Recipe Round Up

The weather has cooled off a bit and I've been doing a lot of cooking this month!  I have some delicious recipes to share with you so I hope you can find something good enough to add to your menu.  Our usual routine is to eat at home the majority of the time.  I cook 5-6 nights a week and then we get take out once or twice.  It's nice to have a night or two off from making dinner.  I'm not going to share every single recipe I made this month - just my favorites!

// MEXICAN PIZZAS //
My FAVORITE meal of the month was MEXICAN PIZZAS!!

They were SO yummy!
I baked a 9x13 pan filled with the following ingredients:
 1 can black beans drained
1 can sweet corn drained
1lb seasoned ground beef
black olives
salsa
jalapenos
purple onion 
sharp cheddar
pepper jack cheese


Baked until the cheese was bubbly and browned.
Scooped out about 3 scoops into a tortilla shell and ate it like a pizza.
It was heavenly right out of the oven and for leftovers.

// CHILI //
First batch of Homemade Chili this Fall and it was so good.
My recipe calls for one an of tomato soup!

// BIG SALADS//
 We ate LOTS of salads packed with veggies this month!  I tried to do a big salad for lunch most days and then side salads for dinner.

// BAKED TACOS //


These were really tasty tacos!  I normally don't make baked tacos with all the toppings so these were a fun treat.  You'll need:
6 soft tacos
1/2 lb seasoned ground beef
purple onions
sweet peppers
jalapenos
taco sauce
favorite cheeses

Build the tacos in a baking dish.  Bake them at 350 until the cheese is bubbly and then serve with lettuce, sour cream, pico.  We each ate two soft tacos and then had leftovers for lunch.


 // BREAKFAST //
 Waffles were our go to comfort breakfast on Saturdays.

Pumpkin Swirl French Toast was a pretty perfect Fall breakfast.

We had fun making this Breakfast Bark out of greek yogurt, fruit & granola.


What have you been cooking this month??
Any yummy recipes you'd like to share with me??

I'm linking up with three of my favorite cooking ladies today
and we're all sharing our best recipes from the month.

Whitney @ Come Home for Comfort
and Stephanie @ Wife, Mommy, Me
October's Busy Days Menu

Head over to their blogs to see what delicious meals they are sharing this month!
 We've also started a Pinterest Board called
New Recipes We've Tried and Loved!
Be sure to check it out and get some great ideas for meals at your house.

10 comments:

  1. These all look so tasty! We eat the majority of our meals at home too, so I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word my stomach actually grumbled and growled looking at all of that yummy Mexican food. Everything looks so great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a waffle maker so bad!! Still hoping to try your breakfast bark this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Everything looked delicious, but especially your baked tacos. We have mexican at least every other week, and I need to try that sometime.

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try all of these!! Those Mexican pizzas would taste really good on tostada shells, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to make mexican pizzas for my hubby!! He would love those!!! I know I say this every month- but basically- I just need you to make double of everything- and just send it on up to Indy!! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I'm making the mexican pizza tonight! That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baked tacos are delicious - and the Mexican pizza look amazing! I always love your salads. Makes me want to eat one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try your Mexican pizza and baked tacos! And as usually, your salads look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Mexican pizza really looked amazing! The salads, as always, look delicious! I've been cooking more this month. I always bake more once fall hits. I've made dip, soup, chili, sweet potato casserole, and lots of cookies.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.