Friday, January 9, 2015

Highlights

 It's been a great week at my house.  I started out with sharing my January Goals and then shared 10 facts you'd be surprised to learn about me.  We are finally on the mend and feeling better, it's been sunny, we are getting back into our regular routine and enjoyed some great TV this week.  Anyone watching Celebrity Apprentice??   I always enjoy that show and the drama.
 

1. I'm getting excited for Valentine's Day and starting to collect fun things for the month.  Target dollar bins have been very helpful and so has Target in general.  I found the red square plates for under $2 which is much better than the $20/valentine plate PBK is charging and the mailboxes and stickers came from the Dollar bins.  I made festive cookies and am excited to plan lots of heart activities.  My Pinterest board is overflowing with adorable pink and red things.

2. My women's Bible study group is going through this book and I've heard it's wonderful!!  I'm hoping to learn a lot and enjoy time with friends each week.  I'm also excited because all of my moms groups - bible study, BSF and MOPS are back in full swing for the year.
via amazon

3.  I wrote a post on the importance of sending thank you notes and then I got FIVE thank you notes in my own mailbox this week!!  I sent out SIXTEEN of my own so I'd say this week was a good one for being thankful :)  Have you written your Christmas thank you notes yet??
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-B1-xIyjY-Q0/U2lTxm3JCYI/AAAAAAAAkzY/-v9mubZcf1A/s1600/photo+2.JPG

 4.  I've officially turned into my mother.  It was bound to happen.
I found myself feeling sorry for the birds and squirrels with the chilly temps so I strolled through the backyard bird section at Wal-Mart and before I knew it I'd put a giant bag of bird seed and a suete cake in my cart.  I'm usually not a bird fan, but they sure were excited about their new buffet of treats.
 It was chilly, but SUNNY so we hung out in our backyard for a few minutes.  It was nice to get some fresh albeit freezing air :)

5. It's been chilly in Mississippi this week and my cats have been extra snuggly.  They are BFFs and are eager to find a lap to sit on.  I don't mind one bit and I may have joined them for a nap (or two).

Hope you have a great weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

10 comments:

  1. The Target Dollar Spot always has such cute finds for the holidays. This is the second post I've read this morning with that cute little mailbox. I may need to make a Target run today... Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the Friday Favorites link up! I am on the hunt for Valentine's Day decor too - particularly some cute plates and bowls:) I've picked up some cute things from our local Target, but am still looking. And, in a day and age when pen and paper seems more and more outdated, it's so nice to find someone who appreciates the importance of a thank you note! They will never go out of style:) Happy Friday!

    Jessica
    http://www.the-newly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've considered putting a bird feeder in the tree outside the window where the cats hang out...but my motivation is more for the cats' entertainment than the bird's nourishment. Ha! They're indoor cats so no birds would be harmed. Just had to make that clear. :)

    I'm so excited for Valentines Day, too! It's nice to have a fun holiday to look forward to, now that all the Christmas festivity is over.

    So far I've only received one thank you note (from my Mother). I don't expect many more to arrive...but at least I know I did my part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard "The Best Yes" was a good book. Will have to read one day. Ha, my mom has bird feeders too, and I have a feeling I will have one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our birdfeeders! It's so fun when the birds come eat! Your kitties are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitties are adorable! I thought I was the only one who got excited for Valentine's Day. I love to decorate for every holiday lol. I'll have to check out that book from your bible study. It sounds like a good book.
    Thank you so much for linking up to High Five for Friday!!!

    Della@Della Devoted
    delladevoted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVer since I saw your original pics from your Valentine's haul from Target, I've had such an itch to go and browse it!!! But I'm staying strong :) It was definitely cold this week in NC too, but the sunshine definitely helped make it better. I missed your January goals this week, so I'm swinging over there now!

    Thank you SO MUCH for linking up with us today!! And for all the support! Hugs!
    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your V-day finds! It has been so cold here too and all Olivia wants to do is go outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to browse the One Spot the next time I'm in Target. I was by there today, but was on a mission to get some of their $5 storage totes!!!! I also need to get better at writing thank you cards--what a great reminder! And speaking of thank you, thank YOU for linking up for H54F!!! I'm so glad to see my favorite blogs still participating, because I found most of you through the link-up:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I've been wanting to read "The Best Yes!" It seriously sounds like the perfect thing for me, plus I love Lysa Terkeurst.

    thanks for linking up for H54F and hope to have you again tomorrow :)

    Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.