Thursday, January 29, 2015

Toddler Menu

Being a Toddler Chef is one of my greatest challenges.
Olive is a pretty good eater... when she wants to be.
She'll love something one day and not touch it the next.
Which could be frustrating if I let it.
Thankfully, I chalk it up to toddler craziness and don't let my cooking skills take a hit :)


She enjoys a variety of food and is getting better about trying new food
so here are some ideas of what she's been eating.  She has just started eating meat so watch for more and more meat to be on her plates next month.  Oh and she will likely try anything that is on my plate.  Sometimes we share plates and she usually will eat better than if I give her an identical plate.  Silly girl.

Toddler Plates in January:

BREAKFAST:
cinnatoast + banana
eggs + cheese + cheerios + apple + raisins






LUNCH / DINNER:
Olive has gotten to the point where she has tons of teeth and usually eats a mini version of whatever I've fixed for lunch or dinner.  She is getting better at trying new things and has enjoyed most of the dinners I've fixed.  Here are my favorite meals from the month.
simple salad - carrots, cucumber, lettuce and a drizzle of ranch


Sometimes we share SNACKS:
 veggies + hummus are a favorite
fruit & cheese plate

Mama + Me Tropical Smoothies
(bananas, yogurt, raspberries and pineapple + chia seeds for me)

Olive is obsessed with Wheat Thins (and all crunchy/salty crackers)
and this is what happens when you leave a box within her reach...

3 comments:

  1. She is, as always, just so darling! It looks like she has a longer list of things she likes than my Amelia. It's so hard to find them food when they are so picky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, she eats so much better than Jack. He loves applesauce but other than that he really does't care for fruit. Even when it comes to veggies he only really loves green beans. I hope this is just a phase because he really use to love fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas - I am halfway through a toddler breakfasts post and it is always so helpful to get other ideas from other parents. I bet Olivia would love cinnamon toast.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.