Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Chalkboards

I love looking through the chalkboard ideas on Pinterest for inspiration.  There are so many fun options and it's really not too complicated to recreate one for yourself.  I posted my chalkboard DIY tutorial a few months ago and have been using this chalkboard to display Notre Dame's football schedule.  Well now that the football season is nearly over, it was time to update my board.

Pick out a favorite line from a Christmas carol, a Bible verse or any Christmasy phrase will do.

I almost always do a rough draft on paper first to get a feel for things.

Then I pull out my chalk - I always use the fat sticks of chalk from Target that can be found in the kids section for side walk chalking.  I love the colors and it works well for me.


I started with the tree trunk and star on the tree,
added the wording,
personalized each word and added in colors,
added the pine tree boughs
and did the ornaments on the tree last.


I smile every time I walk past it in the hallway.

 I usually do project during Olive's nap time, but I thought she might be interested in this one.  She wanted to hold the chalk and I think I kept her from eating any.  She watched closely and was a great little helper.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! Love that Little Miss could "help" too!
    Sydney
    http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.