Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Toddler Entertainment

Do you have a busy toddler at your house?

You know that I do.

As Leo is approaching his 2nd birthday (how!?), it's been fun to find things that he enjoys doing.  It's even better if he finds in entertaining and it keeps his attention while I get things done.

He loves playing with my measuring cups in the kitchen, magnets animals and vehicles on the back door and he really loves my basket of scrunchies, headbands and twisty pony tail holders.  I get that out for him to explore while I get ready most mornings.  He also has a few favorite shows that he finds entertaining.

I've got a few more suggestions for you:

Leo loves egg cartons.  He puts mini trains in them.  Dumps and repeats.  When he's done he starts smashing each little egg section.  I've also given him little Hatchimals or pom poms to put in each section.  He loves all of those.  Yay for free fun.

Leo loves to write with pens and paper.  I keep a post it note and pen with me most of the time.  He loves to draw and scribble.  It's the easiest on the go activity.


Of all the toys we have, Leo loves this two step stool.  He thinks it's his perfect perch.  He's yet to fall or get hurt on it so I let him climb from time to time.

Give your toddler jobs.  Sweeping and laundry are his favorite to help with.

Leo loves egg cartons.  He puts mini trains in them.  Dumps and repeats.  When he's done he starts smashing each little egg section.  I've also given him little Hatchimals or pom poms to put in each section.  He loves all of those.  Yay for free fun.

Dum-Dums are life.  They get us through errands, appointments, school pick up lines, etc.  Never leave home without them.

Bundle up and go for a walk.  Leo is happy to ride along as long as I find him a stick.  We usually go for a walk, wave hello to neighbors and/or dogs and then head back home for some garage scootering.

Turn your garage into an indoor play place.  Leo loves to scooter, slide and drive all of his little cars in the garage.  We bundle up and head out to play.

But beware... you might blink your eye and find yourself in this situation.  He's a climber.

 
In school pick up line, Leo loves to look at board books, play with his cars, chew on teether type toys, play with his kid's flashlight, eat a snack and fake blow his nose with tissues.  I keep a basket of things in the car just for him to play with while we wait.  Sometimes he likes to listen to music, too.

Colored pencils are working for us lately when it comes time to coloring because they're not nearly as edible as markers and crayons.  Ask me how I know.  Leo loves a good coloring book and blank paper.  Sometimes I buckle him in to do some art while the big kids are doing homework.



He loves anything with wheels.  Match box cars from the grocery store have gotten us through a pinch.  I always try to keep a couple in my purse, too.

And sometimes despite your best efforts, you still walk into the kitchen and find your toddler hanging out like this yelling MAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAA to come and save him.


What things does your toddler find entertaining??

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of Truett a lot! Just I didn't have to worry about him walking for almost 2 years. But he likes to dump all the things and snacks are always welcome. Last night while I made supper, he sat on the floor naming the color of his markers instead of coloring. Whatever works! I'll have to try the post its!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leo! He reminds me of Ian at that age. The higher Ian could climb the better for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pic kills me!! He’s so funny! 💪🏻

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.