Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  It was a week full of lots of regular stuff here.  And if you know what our last few months have been like, I will take all the regular, routine things I can get :)  I've got lots of favorite moments to share with you this week.

1. House Projects

We have several house projects that are starting to come together.  Our typical set up is that I do the shopping and Kevin does the installing.  Good team work right!?!  I love these brass curtain rods and the striped curtains look so pretty in our family room.  Stay tuned for a house post where I'll link as many things for you as I can.  And my Fiddle Leaf Figs seem really happy here, too.  

2. Jordan Bakery Box

I'm s-l-o-w-l-y starting up my bakery again.  Chocolate dipped pretzels and cookies seemed like the perfect place to start.  I'm thankful for my first few orders to help me get the ball rolling.


3. Ruggable Rugs

Did you see my post all about our Ruggable rugs?  I shared all the pros and cons of them.  You might be surprised about #2 and #4.  I know I was!  You can read the whole post here.

4. The Baby

I have to wake Leo up to go and get the big kids at school most afternoons.  Waking up a sleeping baby is the worst.  I wish he could snooze for a while longer, but it just can't happen.  He's a total trooper in car line and thinks smooshing his face with the head rest is hilarious.  Thank goodness for snacks, board books and cars to play with in the car.

5. Show & Tell

Fletcher's class earned Show & Tell as one of their incentives this week.  He was SO excited to bring Sprinkles to school.  Fletch said he was really well behaved and he participated in all the fun things like yoga, classwork and other stuff with him.  Kindergarten is awesome... most of the time.

6. Valentines

We've had a great time working on valentines this week.  Olive is giving out cat valentines + mochis.  Fletcher went with a mix of "boy valentines" + pop it key chains.  They had to sign all of their valentines and it was really cute to listen to them talk through who should get which valentine.  So and so likes purple.  She loves dogs.  She would love a princess.  It's sweet to see them making connections with their new classmates.

7. Heart Lunches

I packed a few - I LOVE YOU BERRY MUCH - lunches this week.  The kids loved them!

8. Kid Handwriting

I love seeing their little signatures.


9. Bulletin boards.

We had these hanging in our old kitchen.  I loved having their art and school work on display and so did the kids.  We found a new spot for them in our mudroom.  I keep finding the kids looking back and admiring their art work :)

10. Winter Sunsets

We have been having the best winter sunsets lately!

11. Church Search

We are still visiting churches (it takes a while to find a new church home!) and Leo was not happy about it.  Thanks to and April 2020 birthday and COVID, he's barely ever been dropped off anywhere.  So getting dropped off at the toddler class is not his favorite.  We got paged to pick him up early.  Snacks, songs, coloring and new toys were no substitute for a Dum Dum and snuggles with mom.  We'll keep working on it.


12. Purple Aces

We took the kids to another basketball game last night.  We are having fun wearing all the purple and doing some new things together.  My Dad always goes to the home games and sometimes my mom tags along.  Kevin and I both grew up going to the games.  Our seats were across the stadium from each other.  We'd wave and meet up to walk around at half time.  So it's super nostalgic to be going to Aces games again.  In a new stadium downtown.  The kids have a lot of fun so it's a lot of fun.  A little bit of work with Leo, but mostly fun.



Leo caught on quickly to the standing/clapping/school song routine :)

And he made it through the entire game this time.

And this cute girl... she couldn't wait to try Dippin Dots, tried really hard to get herself a spotlight on the dance cam, is working super hard at school and hit a big milestone that she's been working on ever since we moved.  I'm super proud of Olive!



Have a great weekend!!

Linking up with Momfessionals

2 comments:

  1. Yay for ordinary weeks! I'm so glad you had a pretty good one! You and Kevin make a great home project team - my BIL is the only handy person in our family, so I try to have a project ready for him when he comes over. Ha! :) That story about you and Kevin waving during ball games and walking around during half time - that is absolutely precious. Such a sweet story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bulletin boards are so gorgeous! My oldest is a *ahem* prolific artist and I cannot save everything she does each day...I love the idea of a place for her to choose her faves. Did you get them at Hobby Lobby?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.