Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday Faves

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a nice week and are staying warm.  Our week is ending on an icy, snowy note in Southern Indiana.  The kids have had e-learning days the past two days and those are no joke.  I'm super thankful the kid's school sent them home with their own tablets, but it's a lot to manage - me being tech support and a resource to help them with their lessons, keeping the toddler occupied while the big kids learn and then my daily to dos being completely scrapped.  I cannot imagine trying to work from home while the kids are learning from home.  My heart goes out to you if you find yourself juggling lots of extras this week.  I'm ready for the weekend!

Now let's get to my favorite moments of the week!

1. Valentine's Day Fun - you all know that I love the holidays.  It's been sweet to put together themed lunches, snacks and treats for my kids.  None of these ideas takes tons of extra time.  Just a little effort to gather red foods or grab some heart shaped treats.  



 

2.  Surprise Party - My parents planned a surprise party for a good family friend.  He loves money and loves all of us so it was fun to surprise him with money napkins at his party.  The food was delish and we were excited to pull off the surprise.


 

3. At Home - I got a coupon for 15% off my entire purchase with some of our move in post office paperwork.  I'd never shopped there and I was really impressed.  Does your city have an At Home?  The store is HUGE.  It's almost like a home furnishing warehouse.  They had everything from patio to picture frames, rugs to baskets and everything in between.  We left with several baskets for organizing toys.  These striped basket sets were so affordable and seemed like they'd be great for our upstairs family room.  They also have a free rewards program.  If you sign up, they email you a 10% coupon.

 

4. Church Search - We visited a new church last weekend and it went really well.  It takes a while to know if a church is the one for us, but we're going to keep trying.  We are lucky to live by several churches and have lots to visit.  The kids were nervous and didn't know anyone in their classes.  But their teachers were super sweet and welcoming and they all enjoyed their visits.



5. Christmas Cactus - My Christmas cactus decided to bloom a few weeks late.  I think it might have been stressed liked the rest of us about our move in December.  It looks so pretty on my kitchen counter.  Next Christmas when Aldi has their Christmas cactus plants, buy one!  This is a couple years old and it's doing great.

 


Have a wonderful weekend!!

Linking up with Momfessionals

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Glad to hear your church hunt is going well. You are so right that takes a long time. When we first moved here we hunted for over a year, found a church and attended it for a year and a half and then someone invited us to their church and after one Sunday there we knew it was the one. We love our church so much. hope next week warms up and your kids can go back to their classrooms. :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful! I Have never seen one in white before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM OBSESSED with At Home. I was there yesterday buying storage bins before we move, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.