Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Better Bacon Wrapped Smokies

Bacon Wrapped Smokies.

They're AMAZING!

 

I originally shared this recipe in 2019, but I have a new and improved recipe.  I made them for a Super Bowl party over the weekend and they turned out better than ever. 

Ingredients:

1 pkg little smokies

1 pkg thick cut bacon sliced in half

1 cup brown sugar

toothpicks

 

If you have an Aldi, they've got great prices on all of these foods.  I don't think they carry toothpicks.

 

Directions:

Spray Pam in a glass 9x13 pan.  Make sure you've cut your thick cut bacon in half and start wrapping.  Each piece of bacon will go around the smokey twice.  Place them close together so they do not unroll.  Line them up in your pan and then sprinkle brown sugar on top. 

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Drain off any liquid and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.  You may need to turn them a bit or spread them out a little more to ensure they get cooked evenly.  I removed 8-10 at this point and spread out the rest to ensure the bacon cooked well.

Let them cool/rest for 10-15 minutes then stick a tooth pick in each one.  I love these knotted toothpicks.

These would be perfect for game days, church picnics, brunch or a breakfast buffet.

Enjoy!



 

 



1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.