Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The Pros and Cons of Ruggable Rugs

I'm excited to finally be able to give you this post - the pros and cons of Ruggable Rugs!  I was so excited to order rugs from them for our new house.  I had heard lots about them and really loved the look/fact that they can be washed.  Here's my honest review.  I hope that it gives you a little more insight to these super popular rugs.

We have the Kamran Hazel Runner Rug (2.5ftx10ft) in our kitchen and the 9x12 Kamran Cayenne Red Rug in our family room.  Both are on wood floors. 


Ruggable Rug PROS:

1. The rugs are beautiful!

2. They are so soft.

3. They offer coupons and sales regularly.  Do not pay full price.

4. They ship fairly quickly.  Ours arrived about 3 weeks after we ordered them on Black Friday.

5. So far any spills we have had on them (thanks kids and cats :) have cleaned up really well.  No staining and that's just spot cleaning.  I expect that they will wash beautifully.

6. There are tons of color and pattern options.  They even have holiday rugs.  Now that we have the rug pads it's tempting to snag some Christmas plaid for my kitchen.

7. They look and feel very high quality.

8. Their customer service is very quick to respond and problem solve if you have issues.

 

Now onto the cons.  I would buy another Ruggable in the future, but I wish I would have known these cons before buying mine.


Ruggable Rug CONS:


1. The rug systems (rug + pad) are expensive even with sales.  I'm hoping the fact that the rugs are washable will mean that we get a good long life out of each of them.

2. The rugs are intentionally made a couple inches longer than the pads.  I assume they'll shrink a bit when we wash them, but I wish the pad was closer to the same size as the rug. 

3. We initially had trouble with our runner rug sliding around.  It would end up moving after walking through the kitchen all day.  I contacted customer service and they gave me some tips.  Mop the floor really well and clean the pad really well to ensure no crumbs and such got between the rug pad and floor.  Once I did that, the rug stays in place much better.  So before you place your runner rugs down, super clean the floors.

4. The 9x12 rug pad comes in 2 pieces.  I had researched their large rugs a lot and no where did I see anything about the rug pad coming in two sections.  It doesn't connect.  The pads just lay side by side.  This made laying our rug down very tricky.  Had I known this I might have gone a different direction.  Now that our rug is down it's not an issue, but I will always be annoyed that when we go to wash it, it will be hard to lay it down flat again.  For the price, I definitely expected one big rug pad.

5. The big rugs are thin.  It's very soft, but there's not plush or cushion to it.  You cannot get a thick rug pad for the 9x12 rugs.  So if you're looking for a thick rug pad, search elsewhere.

 

Let's go on a little rug tour!









 

 Let me know if you have any other questions!  I'd be happy to answer them for you.

3 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.