Monday, February 22, 2021

Apple Cinnamon & Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites

I am continuing to make protein bites as a healthy snack option for my family.  I shared our recipe for 10 Ingredient Protein Bites in January.  I used the same base recipe this month and changed up the add ins.  We loved the new flavors we came up with.  The recipes are easy and the whole family enjoys snacking on them.  Fletcher and I usually work on these together.  The recipes are kid friendly and just take

 Apple Cinnamon Protein Bites //

1 c quick cook oats

1/2 c ground flax seed

1/8 c chia seeds

1 c peanut butter

1/2 c honey

dash of salt 

2 t cinnamon (double the amount in the usual base recipe)

2 t vanilla

1/2 an apple finely grated (we used a Honey Crisp apple and left on the peeling and use the apple juice that was with the grated apple) 

Directions: Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.  Add the add ins last.  Refrigerate 30-60 minutes and then roll into balls.  Keep refrigerated.  I keep mine in this large measuring bowl with a lid.  Perfect for snacks, adding to school lunches or for breakfast on the go.

 Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites //

1 c quick cook oats

1/2 c ground flax seed

1/8 c chia seeds

1 1/2  c peanut butter (more than the usual base recipe)

3/4  c honey (more than the usual base recipe)

dash of salt 

1 t cinnamon

2 t vanilla

1 T cocoa powder

*This would be a fun recipe to try using crunchy peanut butter or mini chocolate chips!

Directions: Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.  Add the add ins/chocolate last.  Refrigerate 30-60 minutes and then roll into balls.  Keep refrigerated.  I keep mine in this large measuring bowl with a lid.  Perfect for snacks, adding to school lunches or for breakfast on the go.




We loved these new varieties of protein bites!  I'm going to keep trying new protein bite recipes and I'll share a new protein bite recipe in March.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I need to try these because I am always hungry when I finish working out.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.