Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Spread the Love

Valentine's Day is 11 days away.

Are you ready to spread the love?

Don't wait until the 14th.

I try to make the whole month of February extra love filled for my family.  I'm most successful at it when I plan ahead.  Isn't that true for many things in life??

I am going to share my February game plan with you and maybe you'll find an idea or two you can do with your own family.

 


1. Hearts of Love

I cut out 14 hearts for Olive, Fletcher & Kevin and am going to write 14 things I love about each of them from now until Valentine's Day.  I hang on new one on their bedroom doors each night.  I didn't announce this ahead of time.  Surprise heart notes just started showing up on their doors.

This can be modified - just do notes the week of Valentine's Day, don't cut out hearts and use post it notes instead or any other way you can think of to write notes to your family.

2. Hearty Baking

We are adding red and pink sprinkles to everything - ice cream, cookies and cupcakes.  We also have plans to make roll out sugar cookies together.  Heart shaped cinnamon rolls are on my radar, too.  I am excited to bake and share with neighbors, teachers and friends this month.

3. Date Night

We rarely go to to dinner on February 14th.  Instead, we'll get a babysitter one night this month and go out to a fun dinner.  We talked about it ahead of time and need to touch base with our sitters.  The kids enjoy our date nights almost as much as we do because they love our sitters.


4. Surprises

Surprise your family and friends with some snail mail, a care package to a friend, treat bags for your girl friends or a heart shaped pizza for your kids.  Sweet surprises go a long way in helping you spread the love.

5. Little Gifts

For Valentine's Day, I got each of the kids a little toy and some Valentine candy.  We also added some new Valentine books to our library this month.

 

How are you hoping to spread the love this month?

 

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I need to do the little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write my kiddos a little love note and put it in a cute mailbox every day leading up to Valentine's day! I also get them a couple fun small gifts and set them at their place at the table on Valentine's day. Since Valentine's falls on a Sunday this year- we are going to celebrate together and do a fancy family dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.