Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Faves

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a nice week.  It's gotten COLD here in the Midwest and we've got snow, ice and freezing temps in the forecast for this Superbowl weekend.  Will you be watching?  We'll be eating apps and enjoying the game from the warmth of our home.

I have some fun highlights to share with you today.

1 // Hearty Food

We've had a yummy week of Valentine's Day foods.  Heart shaped everything, XOXO lunch and red & pink whenever possible.  I'm making heart pancakes this weekend and maybe some heart cinnamon rolls.


2 // 3 Musketeers

It's fun to watch these three play together now that Leo is getting older.  They were all on wheels.


3 // More Winter

We were just fine with the ground hog's prediction of 6 more weeks of winter.  Bring on the snow!  We got a little more snow and woke up to a 2 hour delay on Monday.  That was a nice, relaxed way to kick off the week.  We bundled up and went to the park and enjoyed the sunshine anytime we could.  The kids love seeing all the icy lakes around us.




4 // Tooth Fairy

Olive lost 2 teeth this week.  She kept the tooth fairy busy.  Unfortunately, the tooth fairy got distracted and forgot to come to get tooth #2.  Darn!!  I think she explained her self well - weather delay because dainty fairy wings cannot fly through snow storms - and all was forgiven.  Olive drew some tooth fairy art that was so sweet!

5 // Lemon Oreo Thins

If you love lemon, or Oreos, or cookies, you must try these.  They're so yummy!  Fletcher and I can't get enough of them.  The lemon is subtle and perfect all at the same time.  Let's not talk about how many we ate this week.


6 // Golfing

Both of the big kids say they want to learn to golf just like Kevin.  I can't wait to watch them!  Fletcher insisted on practicing in the cold this week.  He had me take videos of his shots and send them to Kevin.  It was really sweet.


7 // Kitty love

The kittens have recovered perfectly from their surgery and are loving the extra care and pampering they've gotten.  They have their favorite sunny spots, love to watch the birds, squirrels and raccoons that visit our deck.  Olive can't wait to see them when she gets home from school and loves to read with them in her bed.  And they think laundry baskets are the funnest thing ever.  They jump in and out and attack anything that comes near.






8 // Leo

His first birthday is quickly approaching and I'm left wondering where in the world has my baby gone?  He seems eager to join the big kid club learning new stunts and tricks every day.  I remind him all that time that he'll always be my baby.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Stay warm!

 

In case you missed it...

Monday: Valentine Charcuterie

Tuesday: My Amazon Favorites

Wednesday: Spread the Love

 

Linking up with Momfessionals

6 comments:

  1. Aww, happy Friday! I can’t believe Leo will be 1! I still think of him as a baby! I’ll bet he loves being big enough to play with the big kids :) Penny and Pearl are so cute! I’ve got kitty fever haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun week! I seriously can't get enough of Penny and Pearl! Due to your inspiration over the years, I am going to make a fun charcuterie board for me and my hubs for Valentine's Day! I found some really fun treats at Aldi last night to add to it! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to find those lemon Oreos for my mother! She loves all lemon snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lemon oreos...that would be a dangerous buy for me since I love lemon! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried the salted caramel Oreo thins? I think they're the only Thins flavor I like more than the lemon.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.