Wednesday, February 17, 2021

White Cheddar Mac & Cheese

Homemade Mac & cheese is one of my very favorite foods.

And my family does not care for it.  So rude!  They'll tolerate boxed mac & cheese, but that's about it.

I rarely make the homemade stuff for just me.  

I saw this recipe on Momfessional's blog last week - White Cheddar Mac & Cheese - and knew I had to try it ASAP.  I couldn't wait to try it.  White Cheddar cheese is our favorite; we always have a block of it in the fridge.  I figured this recipe would be fine to cut in half and work for just me over several days.

I made a few adjustments to the recipe.

Here's my version that makes 9x9 pan of mac & cheese.



Ingredients:

1/2 a box of pasta (any shape - I used gemelli pasta)

3 T butter

2/8 c flour

1/4 t garlic powder

1/4 t paprika

salt and pepper to taste

1 1/2 c 2% milk

2 cups freshly grated sharp white cheddar


Directions: (I used Momfessional's directions!)

Cook pasta and drain.  Melt butter, add in flour and dry seasonings.  Slowly pour in milk and stir.  Keep stirring until the liquid thickens.  Bring to a boil and stir in grated cheese.  Stir until all the cheese is melted.  Remove from heat.  Stir in the cooked pasta and toss to coat.  Serve!

I LOVED this mac & cheese and hope you do, too!


This would be the perfect side for any grilled meat, chicken or it was delicious all on its own.


4 comments:

  1. YUM! That looks delicious! How sad that your family doesn't like mac and cheese. My mom only made it a handful of times when I was a kid, so even now a box of Kraft feels like a treat. I love white cheddar so I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that made me laugh that your fam doesn't like mac and cheese. What's wrong with them!!!!! LOL hahahaha. Glad you were able to do some "self care" and make it for yourself :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family doesn’t like it either! I couldn’t believe it! I grew up eating it all the time! This really looks scrumptious 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious! My kids prefer Kraft Mac and cheese too and drives me crazy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.