Friday, February 12, 2021

Highlights

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for a fun Valentine's Day weekend??  I hope you find a way to celebrate with the people you love.  We are sticking close to home and have plans to eat some delicious Valentine's Day treats - fondue, charcuterie and more.

The best parts of our week:

1 // Snow Delays

We had two 2 hour delays this week and those slow mornings at home were so nice.


2 // Valentine's Day Food

We picked up cupcakes for Olive's class, made Valentine school lunches for the kids and added some valentine M&Ms to brownies this week.  We had friends over to decorate cupcakes.  Each kid got to pick out their cupcake, chocolate or vanilla buttercream and sprinkles.  It was fun!  We also tried hot chocolate bombs after school one day.  They were fun.


3 // Valentine's Day Decor

The kids help me add Valentine's Day touches around the house and I realized I never shared it with you this month.  I like the pinks and reds all around the house.



A good friend made me snowflakes for each of our kids.  I loved them so much that I framed them.  Can you see Olive, Leo 2020 and Fletch in each of the snowflakes below??


4 // Favorite Products

I picked up these Dark Chocolate Crunch Pretzel Crisps at Sams and they are SO GOOD.  My whole family polished off a giant bag in one week.  I also got this leopard throw blanket for under $10.  It's huge and so so soft.  We all fight over it.  Kids and kittens :)



I've decided winter head wraps are the way to go.  They keep your ears warm and your hair doesn't end up a static filled mess.  My sister made me this one - isn't it so cute!?!


My hair is feeling extra dry this winter.  Insert my favorite Pantene Intense Rescue Shots.  I got two three packs and am hoping to see a big difference in my hair after I have used them.

5 // Super Bowl

We had some friends over for the Super Bowl.  The game and commercials weren't super exciting, but the friends were fun.  I made cowboy caviar, a charcuterie board, cookies and homemade crusty bread.  Pulling out all my football stuff made me sad for all the tailgating we missed out on in 2020 :(


6 // Penny & Pearl

These two crazy kitten blend into my bathroom rug perfectly.  It's hilarious and one of their favorite spots to hang out.  Pretty little dilute calico sisters.



7 // Winter Hiking

I took the kids hiking this week.  They were fascinated by the frozen lakes.  It was so fun to be outside in the sunshine even if it was chilly.  "Bundle up and go" has been our winter motto!



8 // Kids

Leo // He turned 10 months old this week.  He's the cutest and we all try hard to be his favorite person.  He's on the go every second he's awake.  He's a wild man.  I'm obsessed with him in his new lion outfit.

Olive // She came home with her very own computer from school this week.  She was THRILLED beyond belief at this big time status.  She's been training all month to use it on her own.  We helped her personalize it.  She rarely needs our help with it.  This gives me a tiny glimpse into the future of prepping to send her off to college.  I hope she'll always be thrilled with the new learning opportunities that come her way.

Fletcher // Loves his home days a ton.  He loves picking out what we do and being my side kick.  This week I needed his help picking up some groceries.  He talked me into a brand new Trooper police car for his fleet and was eager to help.  He's chatty and funny and crazy.  I'm thankful to have Tuesdays and Thursdays together.

 

That was a fun week!  We've got super cold temps, wintery weather and hopefully snow headed our way in Indiana next week.  We are excited for Valentine's Day at home and a three day weekend for President's Day.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too.

Linking up with Momfessionals today

2 comments:

  1. Your Valentine's Day decor is so cute...I have yet to decorate this year but I love doing fun things like this for the kiddos. They get so into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun roundup from the week! I always love seeing a peek into your routines, what products you're loving and of course cute pics of your sweet kids and snuggly kittens! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.