Tuesday, January 19, 2021

10 Ingredient Protein Bites

My kids love protein bites.

They love to make them and love to eat them.  

We've updated our recipe a bit so I figured it was time to share our newest favorite protein bite recipe.

There are 10 ingredients in this recipe so each bite is packed with goodness.

 


Protein Bite Ingredients:
 

1 c quick cook oats

1/2 c ground flax seed

1/8 c chia seeds

1 c peanut butter

1/2 c honey

dash of salt 

1 t cinnamon

2 t vanilla

1/2 c chocolate chips

1/2 c mini m&ms

Directions: Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.  Add the add ins/chocolate last.  Refrigerate 30-60 minutes and then roll into balls.  Keep refrigerated.  I keep mine in this large measuring bowl with a lid.  Perfect for snacks, adding to school lunches or for breakfast on the go.

You can easily start with the first 8 ingredients and then change your add ins from chocolate to craisins, raisins, nuts, dried fruits, dark chocolate, pretzels, etc.  They're so versatile and such a yummy healthy treat alternative.

These are really fun to make with your kids - I have to help with the stirring to get everything well combined, but they're tons of fun to create with little ones.

Tip: Ground flax seed, chia seeds, oats and peanut butter are all very affordable at Aldi.




2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love protein balls! Last spring when I worked from home I kept them in the fridge for midmorning snacks. I haven't made a batch in a long time, but I'm anxious to try your recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.