Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Fondue Board

I left you with a teaser yesterday - check back tomorrow for our Fondue Board.  It's here!

I wanted to surprise my family with fondue for Valentine's Day.  I wanted to make it simple and delicious and also easy to prep in advance.  It all worked out perfectly for this fondue board.

My family declared it was the "BEST DESSERT EVER!!" and I'd have to agree.  We all enjoyed it.  Kevin and I used to love going on fancy dates to The Melting Pot a million years ago before we had kids.  This dessert was a fun nod to that memory for us.

I included our favorite dippers - berries, grapes, Rice Krispie Treats, big marshmallows, pretzel sticks, chocolate Teddy Grahams, Oreos and three kinds of chocolates.  I wish I could have found plain cheesecake bites, but I could not.




It was very easy and very quick to assemble.

I didn't go overboard with every possible dipper I could find.  I just grabbed a handful of each of our favorite things.  Most were pantry staples plus some fresh fruit.


Tips:

1. 3 Chocolate options seemed perfect - milk chocolate, white chocolate & Reese's Cup Chocolate.  I used up some unopened Easter bunnies to melt for the milk chocolate, white Almond Bark for the white chocolate and then melted a handful of Reese's cups + a big scoop of crunchy peanut butter for the Reese's Cup chocolate.  The Reese's chocolate was the overwhelming favorite.

2. The favorite dippers were Rice Krispie Treats, Strawberries and pretzel sticks.

3. You can chop everything in advance and pop it in the fridge.  I melted all my chocolates in the afternoon.  Refrigerated my board and then popped each bowl in the microwave for 1 minute when we were ready to eat.  I took the board out to warm up when we sat down for dinner.  Then when it was time for dessert I warmed up the chocolates.  They all stayed melted enough for us to enjoy our entire dinner.  Spoiler: You don't have to have a fancy fondue pot to make this board happen.

4. Give everyone a fork to help dip things like strawberries or marshmallows and a plate to set their food on. Napkins were also a must because kids + fondue are a little messy 

Enjoy!!  We'll definitely be doing this again soon!
 

What dippers would you include on your fondue board?

3 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.