Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentines Weekending

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your people.  We ate good food, had good times and so thankful that kid's got to do Valentine's Day with their friends at school.  My favorite thing we've done this month is me leaving Olive, Fletcher & Kevin little loves notes on their bedroom doors.  They find their new note when they wake up and they each loved reading a new lovely thing about themselves to start the day.

I made a Valentine charcuterie board.  I think it was my best yet - a salami rose, lots of red and pink foods, valentine treats, heart food picks and all of our usual board favorites.  My family LOVED it.


I snapped some cute pictures of the kids.  These emoji masks have been so much fun.  I picked them up a couple of years ago and they worked great to celebrate Leo's 1st Valentine's Day.  Mister Irresistible.

All three kids decked out in their Valentine's Day best.  Olive lost another tooth this weekend.  That makes for 3 lost teeth in 2021.  She's keeping the tooth fairy BUSY.

I surprised the kids with an after school snack of valentine donuts from their favorite Square Donuts on Friday.  They turned out so cute.  The heart donuts were so big that they could only eat half.  I opted for my favorite - lemon square donut and got Kevin an icing filled long john.

We sent in store bought cupcakes for her party.  She said they were a big hit.  Then she came home with a giant bag of valentines and treats from her friends.  It was fun to see her so excited to see which friends gave which valentines.  She insisted on wearing her leopard heart dress with matching scrunchies on her wrist.

A good friend dropped off a surprise Valentine care package to our front porch.  It was Mary Poppins themed!  She nailed it!  The kids could not get over the spoon full of sugar sugar cookies.  So sweet!

We had a few different movie nights - we watched How to Train Your Dragon and loved it.  We also made Candy Corn (microwave popcorn + fun candy on top).  We opted for Valentine candy.  My kids think this treat is the coolest.

It was SO COLD.  It was 8 degrees on my early morning grocery store run.  We got out all the blankets and tried to stay extra cozy all weekend.  The cats were happy to join in the cozy snuggles.  It makes my heart VERY happy to see Topher becoming good friends with the kittens.  They're pretty irresistible. 

Fletcher's Valentine party is this coming week.  Olive offered to help him with his valentines. It was sweet to see them work together to get this project done.  He opted to give everyone slinkies.

We Door Dashed Papa Johns pizza and bread sticks.  Look at this yummy thin crust heart!  We ordered two and nearly polished off both of them.  We got mexican another night. 

Kevin surprised me with roses!  He loves to pick out 2-3 dozen and mix the colors.  He was excited about this coral and pink color combo.  They smell so good!


We wrapped up the weekend with a Fondue board - come back tomorrow to read all about that!  It was SO SO good.  

The kids have President's Day off so we are going to do some fun president theme things today.  I can't wait to do some fun activities with them.  We also have 10-12 inches of snow in the forecast for the next 48 hours so I can't wait to see how that plays out.  Bring on all the snow!!

4 comments:

  1. Kevin is so thoughtful! That Mary Poppins surprise is amazing...what a fun idea. Jack used to love How to Train Your Dragon, and really enjoyed the book series. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun, Whitney! Your board looks like it’s from a magazine!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.