Friday, February 19, 2021

Super Snowy Favorites

I'm coming to you today from Central Indiana with about 12 inches of snow on the ground!

We haven't had this kind of snow in years.

We had frigid temps, travel advisories and haven't left the house since early this week.  The kids have been out of school all week long.  We've been comfy and cozy at home and I'm so thankful for that.  Olive was hoping to get to go back to school because virtual learning means a packet of boring worksheets.  No comparison to in person school.

Have you seen all of the crazy winter weather that is hitting Texas so hard??  It's heartbreaking.  I've checked in with my many of my Texas friends and they're all just hanging on for warmer temps to come their way.  The destruction, burst pipes, frozen homes, fires, loss of life and many homes left without power indefinitely or only getting power for short bursts of time is hard to understand.  Praying for all of them to get help and relief ASAP.

All of my favorites for this week are going to be SNOWY favorites.

We all love the snow.  I think you can tell.  I think I am going to frame some of my favorite snowy pictures so I can put them out every January/February. 

Sunset on a fun day in the snow.

 

Here's how the week started:  We got a couple inches of snow on Monday.


Then we woke up to TONS of snow on Tuesday.  We bundled up and headed outside.  Kevin's classes were all moved to Zoom for the day and the whole city was under a travel advisory.  It was fun to be home together.  The temps were dangerously cold.  The temp was 8 and felt like negative 8.  We didn't stay outside long.


 Batches of hot chocolate //

I realized it would be easier to make a pitcher of hot chocolate instead of individual cups.  It worked great!  We enjoyed hot chocolate every afternoon.

Fun Food // We ate snowmen for lunch.


Snow Jewels //

I made two trays of water + food coloring to make the kids some snow jewels.  They had a lot of fun playing with them in the snow.  And it was SO cold that they have lasted all week long outside.



Snowman Art //

We used our oil pastels to make some really cute snowman art.  Is there anything better than fresh art supplies?!?  We did one step at a time - all the bodies, arms, hats, noses, faces, etc.  They turned out so cute.  We also gave the baby all the snacks while we did the art project.





BIG Sledding Hill //

Kevin surprised us and came home from work early yesterday.  He told the big kids to bundle up because they were going sledding.  He wanted to take them to a BIG hill.  We've got a park nearby that is a sledding hot spot.  I bundled them up and off they went.  Kev surprised me with pictures of their big adventures, videos and I got a Facetime call when they were taking a break.  He said they did great.  They all loved it.  Olive came home needing an ice pack and Fletcher told me he was a "Daring Devil!" on his sled.  haha




Penny & Pearl //

The kittens were sure what to think about all this snow!  Leo loved looking out the windows with them.


All things SNOW //

We made snow angels, tunnels, sledding and more.  We had the best time playing in the snow together.



We had enough snow to build a sledding hills off two sides of the deck.




Leo LOVED sledding and being in the snow as long as it was 20+ degrees out.  He was wearing tons of layers.

Sledding together.




The big kids dug tunnels and Leo didn't hesitate to crawl right through.  He wants to do everything Olive and Fletcher do.

Impressive tunneling.

Look how deep the snow was when Leo was crawling.  I kept trying to pick him up and that would make him cry.  Little snow baby!

I hope you're somewhere warm, safe and cozy this weekend.

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. Such childhood magic going on here! Loved every single pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics! They bring back such good memories of a couple big snows we had like this when I was growing up in Indiana (back when they announced school closings on the RADIO, haha!). That picture of Leo in the tunnel is my favorite, so cute! Paul and I were talking the other day how it's unfortunate that we have loads of good sledding hills around here but we never get enough snow to use them, and in Indiana you literally have to drive somewhere to find a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow ❄️ much fun and so pretty. But you keep it up north! HA this girl is ready for flip flops.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.