Tuesday, December 11, 2018

My Favorite Christmas Recipes for Families

Anyone else doing some baking this week??

I'm hoping to make some cookies for neighbors, teachers, friends and fireman.  It should be a yummy week.  I'm planning to do some sugar cookies, monster cookies and chocolate chip cookies.

Here are my favorite Christmas recipes that are fun to make with your kids!  My kids love to help me in the kitchen.  Most of the time they are pretty helpful.  Minus the times when Fletcher dumps a container of sprinkles in the kitchen or when they want to lick all the utensils.  Overall, they're sweet helpers.


1. Rice Krispie Treats
I love finding the Christmas Rice Krispies this time of year.  I found ours at Meijer.  Olive buttered our pan, measured the ingredients and helped dump everything in while Fletcher napped.  Then he was happy to be a taste tester when he woke up.


Tip: Save a handful of mini marshmallows to sprinkle on top once you get the cereal and melted marshmallows combined.  We shared these with our neighbors.

2. Chocolate Chip Cookies with Christmas sprinkles is an easy way to make a regular cookie feel really festive.  I use my favorite chocolate chip recipe and dip the dough in sprinkles before I bake.  

Real life: Fletcher insisted on helping me sprinkle long after the cookies were baked.  Sprinkles went everywhere... yikes!  Future baker!?! 

3. Christmas Snicker Doodles
Add red and green sprinkles to your favorite Snicker Doodle mix.  I've tried lots of recipes and the very best Snicker Doodle I've ever made is this Krusteaz box mix.  Every time I take these cookies somewhere people end up asking me for the recipe.  They're so easy and so good!  My family loves them, too.




They stack so nicely for gifts.  We're delivering these to Fletcher's teacher and Olive's bus driver.


Here are a few more dessert recipes from the archives.  They're all delicious!



I made my GO TO RECIPE for MONSTER COOKIES
They're always a crowd pleaser.
I just swap out the M&M color to match the event - holidays, game days, etc.


I made some sugar cookies and used all the Christmas sprinkles we had.
You can use any sugar cookie recipe
and top them with my Perfect Buttercream.  They'll be delicious!


Tell me what you're baking for Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the snickerdoodle mix. The Krusteez muffin mixes are delicious too. I have brought them to many teacher breakfasts, etc and I think they're better than my homemade muffins! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish we were neighbors and could do a cookie swap! Your bakes look mouthwatering! We always do sugar cookies and shortbread, and then we alternate between other types as well. Usually some sort of molasses, or lemon cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not bake. I don't know why but it's not my thing and as much as I should be because #SantaStephanie, I'm not. But I will admit, I'd rather bake than wrap gifts so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your festive touches! We always make dipped pretzles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHITNEY!!!! All of these cookies look SO SO yummy and just make me want to do nothing but bake and listen to Christmas music!! I have an idea- why don't you make a quick trip down to NC and we can just bake non-stop together for a couple days?? I am sure Kevin would be fine with that...right?? HA! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to bake. I am hoping to bake gingerbread men, sugar cookies and cherry snowballs.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.