Monday, June 9, 2014

Perfect Buttercream Recipe

I'm not a huge icing fan but my husband is loves it 
so I've been searching for the perfect buttercream icing for years.  

My requirements for the perfect icing were: 
that it be easy, that I'd have the ingredients on hand at all times 
and that it would harden and hold its shape really well.

I'm excited to say that I FOUND IT
and I just had to share it with you!!!!

Ingredients:
1 c unsalted butter or maragarine room temp
4 c confectioner's sugar
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla
up to 4 T heavy cream or whole milk
food coloring/sprinkles

Directions:
Beat butter.
Add 3 c confectioner's sugar.
Add vanilla, salt and cream.
Add more sugar/heavy cream until desired consistency (smooth).

Makes 2.5-3 cups of icing.

Works great on cakes
 perfect on cupcakes

 AND it tastes delicious!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely be trying this. I LOVE, no ADORE buttercream! ;)

    ~kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved seeing all of Olive's birthday pics! :)
    Your icing looks so pretty and creamy! I'll have to give it a try!
    If you ever need your icing to "crust", you'll need to do the 4 C (1lb) of powdered sugar with the 1 C butter. I had problems with my icing early on not crusting and that was what a cake expert told me! 1 C butter + 1 lb powdered sugar. Store that away for future birthdays when Olive wants elaborate and exquisite cakes :-D

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.