Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Pepper Jelly Dip

I love to bring appetizers or dessert to holiday parties.  I usually try to do some kind of finger foods or things that don't require silverware to be eaten.  It just seems easier that way.  We went to Kevin's Christmas party on Friday night and I brought a yummy pepper jelly dip.  It was so easy to assemble.  It turned out really pretty and only required 4 ingredients!!  Sign me up!

Christmas Pepper Jelly Dip


Ingredients:
Red Pepper Jelly
Pineapple Jalapeno Jelly
1 block of cream cheese
1 box of Wheat Thins

I picked up the jellies and cream cheese at Aldi last week.  The jelly is in the holiday aisle and was only $1.99.  The cream cheese was on sale for $0.89 I think.  


Directions:
Cut the block of cream cheese in half and put on a plate.  Be sure to separate them a bit.

Scoop out half of the jar of pepper jellies into bowls and stir them.  This step helps smooth out the jelly and makes them really easy to pour on top of the cream cheese.

Pour the red jelly on one block and the green jelly on the other.  The red pepper jelly was the favorite.  Both sides got eaten, but people seemed to enjoy the red more.  I've always seen this dish done with just one type of jelly.  I enjoyed changing things up a bit and adding in a second jelly option.

Isn't it the prettiest Christmas appetizer??
I added a little candy cane knife and this dish was a big hit.

Enjoy!!  You just can't beat an easy appetizer that only has 4 ingredients, takes less than 10 minutes to assemble and is really good!!

9 comments:

  1. I love bringing this appetizer to parties. It’s always a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing (and very Southern, by the way)! :) I've never seen more than one flavor served either, and I love that idea! The pineapple jalapeno version sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy! I made a homemade red pepper jelly around Thanksgiving and it was so good! I blogged about it, and it was super easy too. It's such a festive appetizer to bring to a party or get together =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red and green are so pretty! I confess, if I ever see red pepper jelly at an event it’s the first thing I eat :D It’s my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made something similar with a raspberry pepper jelly. Great Aldi finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I'm heading to Aldi tomorrow so I will be sure to pick some up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shape your cream cheese like a tree! It was on my blog last week! Love this combo and I have the same jelly from Aldi but haven’t tried it yet.
    Amy
    Www.coffeeandcocjtailsatthecasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so into holiday fun things...I'm surprised you didn't shape it like a tree! Try this next time: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-fiesta-christmas-tree/32654516-edbb-4dd5-a790-fce06577378d

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so delicious...I forget about that yummy simple appetizer!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.