Thursday, December 13, 2018

DIY Pom Pom Garland

I have a really easy DIY project for you today.  It's perfect for your holiday mantle, your Christmas tree, your next party or anything festive that you're doing.  I had good intentions of making a Christmas wreath from extra pine tree branches, but that didn't happen.  This may just end up being my only DIY of the season and I'm okay with that.  It turned out great!

I had been on the hunt for an oversized pom pom garland for a while and couldn't find what I wanted.  Time to make my own!


I'm traditional with my Christmas decorations and want them to be bright red, green and white.  I love pom poms and polka-dots.  I found these stockings from TJ Maxx online a couple of years ago.  They're so pretty.

I was doing some Christmas shopping and noticed that the gift wrap section was full of cute stuff at my local TJ Maxx.  These pom poms caught my eye.  They were perfect for my project.  Each set was $2.99 and the pom poms were huge.  I picked up four sets and then got some dark green yarn.




I cut each pom pom out of the package and cut off the sticker backing.  Each one was meant to be a bow on a gift.  Since I was using them for something else I cut the backing off.  I pre cut my green yard to the length of my mantle.  I strung the yarn through the loop and then tied a knot in it.


I eyeballed the spacing with a pair of small scissors.  I did this for all 8 pom poms.

I love how it turned out!  I hung it with clear tape on my mantle.  The white pom pom garland was from a local home decor shop.  I just love the layered pom poms this year.  The whole garland cost me about $12 and took about 15 minutes from start to finish.  I'm thrilled with the results and would highly recommend checking out the pom poms in the gift wrap section of stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Homegoods if you are interested in making a garland for yourself.


 One of my very favorite spots to decorate in my home in each month.

Now on to my next DIY project... wrapping Christmas presents :)
Have you started wrapping yours yet?

9 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I am crazy about Pom Poms right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so super cute!! I may have to try this project next Christmas since I will leave for vacation tomorrow. No point this year but I love it so much! Thanks for sharing - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! SO cute. This came out really great. I'm going to have to make a pom garland now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple yet adds a ton of fun to your mantle. I love a simple DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pom pom garland! I have been thinking about making a garland similar to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute and simple project and I love how festive it makes the mantle look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Score for finding pre-made pom poms! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.