Friday, December 14, 2018

Santa Brunch, Christmas Programs & Lots of Fun!

Happy Friday!  Hope you've had a nice week.  The time is just flying by and it seems like Christmas is right around the corner.  I've only wrapped a couple of things, but on the plus side, most of my shopping is done.  We packed a lot of fun into our week and the weekend looks about the same.  We have friends coming over for a Christmas play date, friends coming in town tomorrow and looking forward to church on Sunday.  We may even go out and look at Christmas lights in our area if the weather cooperates.

The best parts of our week were:

Christmas food!!  I packed Olive this cute lunch and she was thrilled.  Those holiday pretzels are her favorite and the Cadbury chocolates are mine :)  Our yumboxes have been going strong for a year and a half and we still LOVE them.  

Our gingerbread houses are under attack every day.  It'll be a miracle if they make it to Christmas.

My mini van got decked out for Christmas!  My kids think our car is the coolest and it makes me so happy.  Except trying to remember not to roll down the windows that are holding on the antlers is proving to be trickier than I imagined haha

Yesterday I shared a tutorial for a pom pom garland.  Mine turned out so cute and was really affordable.  You can beat a project that's inexpensive, takes less than 15 minutes and turns out great.  I think the big red pom poms really make my mantle this Christmas!


 My favorite shopping buddy.  I think Meijer is his favorite stop thanks to the horse rides, free cookie from his bakery lady friends and all his buddies there.  He makes friends with everyone.

We celebrated St Nick's Day.  Everyone woke up to find their favorite candies in their shoes.

Olive had her kindergarten Christmas program.  It was really sweet.  She LOVED being on stage.  Their hand and foot print shirts turned out so cute.  I helped stamp all the kid's shirts so it was fun to see them turn out so cute.

We crossed off some Christmasy errands and enjoyed a yummy drink together.

Olive surprised us at dinner on Saturday night by saying she wanted to get her ears pierced TONIGHT.  So we headed to the mall after dinner to check out our options.  We ended up at Justice and were pretty happy with the process.  She was SO brave and SO proud of her new unicorn earrings.  She's got her eye on other flower pair next.




Photo ornaments.  I found these cute frame ornaments at Hobby Lobby.  I put in Olive's school picture and a favorite picture of Fletcher.  They look so cute on the tree.

Santa Brunch.  We went to our 4th annual Santa brunch.  The kids loved it all!  No one cried or was afraid of Santa.  Fletcher wore a bow tie and looked SO handsome.  Olive insisted her Matilda Jane dress looked much better backwards and off we went.

The live reindeer always steal the show.  They're so cool!  


Both kids talked to Santa and happily hung out with him.  Olive asked for a snow globe of her own and Fletcher asked for every single vehicle he could think of to name.



We ate delicious food, hung out with friends and decorated cookies.


We haven't been to the mall in months, but somehow we ended up their twice this past weekend.  It was fun to stroll around and soak in the holiday spirit with everything looking so festive.

We gave Christmas cookies to teachers, bus drivers and friends.  I LOVE the box of Krusteaz snicker doodles.  They're so good.  We added Christmas sprinkles and Krusteaz featured my cookies on their instagram page!  I shared several good recipes for family friendly Christmas treats earlier this week.

Fletcher has been living it up going to Christmas parties at Chick-fil-A, the library, science class and with friends.  It's been so much fun to do Christmasy things with just him.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Welcome to the High Five For Friday link up team of me, Becky, Della, Tif and Whitney P

Join us by linking up no more than three current posts from the week.  Look around to find a new blog friend or two.

7 comments:

  1. I always love how you pack Olive's lunch and such a big girl with her pierced ears. I laughed when I saw your son eating the gingerbread houses, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your mantel! Super cute. And Fletcher's expression on santa's lap is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think when I see your posts how excited I am for the future! My daughter is 10 months old and this year has already been SO fun celebrating all her first holidays, but it looks really fun when they can truly get in the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an enjoyable holiday column..Loved the picture of Olive getting hers ears pierced..And Fletcher enjoying the holiday festivities...Lucky little children to have such a fun loving attentive mother..




    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at her being a brave girl getting her ears pierced! So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun week! I love how much festive fun you were able to enjoy! Those reindeer shirts are SO cute. I love going to the mall during December - it is SO festive (if you can find a place to park, ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun week! I love your van decor! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.