Monday, February 1, 2016

Delicious Super Bowl Menu Options

We're so excited to watch the Super Bowl this year!  Peyton Manning is our very favorite QB so we will be cheering hard for him to win his 2nd Super Bowl this year.  I'll be sure to plan a menu of delicious food to chow down on during the game so I gathered my favorite game day recipes for you today.  They're all easy, delicious and crowd pleasers!!


I started with this recipe from Recipe Diaries and made some changes.

Ingredients:
1 box of Texas Toast
1 pkg turkey pepperoni
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
1 pkg turkey sausage crumbles
black olives + any other toppings 

Spread sauce on frozen bread and the top with pepperoni.

 Add sausage and black olives.

 Add onions and the top with mozzarella cheese

Bake toast as directed on box.

They turned out delicious and really easy to put together.
I'd like to try baking the bread first and then adding the toppings just to see if I'd end up with a little crunchier pizza.  Either way, I bet you'd end up with a tasty game day snack.


We each ate two slices of french bread pizza and I served big salads as the sides.

 Here's the toddler version of this meal.
I figured the toast would be too hard for Olive to bite into so I just separated out all of the ingredients for our meal and put them on a plate for her.  She was thrilled at cleaned the plate.


 A few other game day favorites at my house include:



GAME DAY MONSTER COOKIES
I change out the m&m colors for holidays & teams so these cookies are festive all year round.


I have a whole recipe board for all of my favorite game day foods
so be sure to check it out if you're needing some Super Bowl Menu inspiration.

Follow Whitney's board Football / Notre Dame on Pinterest.

Linking up with What's Hap-Pinning Wednesday
Pinspiration Wednesday

Are you excited for the Super Bowl??
What are you fixing for your game day menu??

16 comments:

  1. It all looks so good, especially the Italian Nachos. I admittedly don't follow football but do watch the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for Super Bowl too! All your menu ideas look so yummy, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the Italian nachos but I'm pretty sure I would love them. It looks sooooo good! We too will be cheering on Manning. I'm not sure what I'm going to cook yet. I'll need to get with my sister and see what direction she wants to go. Game day food is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food posts always make me so hungry! haha Everything looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this all looks good! Ok, see you guys Sunday for the game.. I'll be coming over! :-) I'm a Peyton Manning fan too, so Go Broncos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having friends over this year! I need to start planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this look amazing! We are actually hosting people this year (which we've never done) so I am excited and trying to figure out what to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm drooling! The Texas Toast Pizza looks AMAZING and you can never go wrong with monster cookies :) Can't wait for Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great, I love the idea to pre-bake the bread, I'll keep that in mind when I try them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made a good recipe that's very similar. You take a loaf of French bread, slather some butter with onion and garlic salt on it, and top it like a pizza. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know how to do football food! Everything sounds great - and those texas toast pizzas look amazing. I am a Peyton Manning fan but I also am kinda cheering for the Panthers since they are our "local" NFL team. So either way I'll be happy, as long as I don't have to watch very much of the game. LOL.

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh... those Texas toast pizzas look delicious!!! I LOVE Super Bowl foods! We have pizza every Friday night, so I am going to have to remember this to switch things up. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y-U-M! It's safe to say that I want this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of using specific colored m&m's for the monster cookies. I don't know why I've never thought of that. It's one of our favorite cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monster cookies are always a hit! That French bread pizza looks great, that will definitely be made in this kitchen...soon...possibly before Sunday. Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the french bread pizza idea- SO perfect for little kids!!! And Olive's deconstructed pizza plate- TOO CUTE! My little baby boy would gobble that right up!! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.