Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February Goals


I'm sharing my February goals with you today in the hopes of being held accountable knowing that I'll be checking in with you again in 4 weeks and for me to sit down and write out my goals for the month.  I also love making lists so it's a fun way for me to start out a new month.

Here's little recap of my 2016 BIG goals for the year:

1. Start and Finish Olive's scrapbook of highlights for the last 2.5 years.
2. Scrapbook my teaching career.
3. House Hunt
This has dominated our lives for the last several months.  We've spent countless weekends driving around to scope out neighborhoods and areas of town we want to live in.  I've researched schools, checked sex offender registry sites, property taxes and more to ensure we end up in an area we can live for a long time.  Our parents have helped and I think we're in the home stretch of making big decisions.  Hip hip hooray!!
4. Get moving!
I switched my step goal from 10,000 to 9,000 and hit it 27 out of 31 days last month.
5. Find a church home.  
We're also working really hard on this one.  We've tried out six new churches and have yet to find THE ONE.  Some had no children's programs, others were too small and the rest just weren't good fits for us.  So the church search continues...
6. Blog goals: 5 great posts a week and pull out my DSLR camera regularly
Doing great with both of these goals.  I'm really excited about blogging and very much enjoy this little space.
7. Kid Goals: Potty train Olive and move her out of her crib.
8.Work hard to make new friends and new connections in our new city this year. 
We've said YES to many invitations and even done some inviting of our own this month.  Olive has a cute little group of friends and I'm working hard to connect with the moms.  It can be exhausting, but I can tell that it's definitely worth it to be making new friends in our town.
9. Make the most of my Fringe Hours instead of binge watching the DVR, mindlessly scrolling through apps on my phone and vegging out.
10. Be encouraging to those around me and be a light for the Lord. 

February Goals:

1. DIY some Valentine cards for Olive to send out to our family and friends

2. Make Valentine's Day treats for Kevin's co-workers and cookies for home

3. Read 2+ books - I just got Breaking Busy, Unglued and have started reading Jesus Calling again 
each morning.

4. Take better care of myself - flossing, exfoliating, hand lotion, mani/pedis at home, etc.

5. Try 2 new churches

6. Take an inventory of baby items we have in storage and see what our needs are for baby brother.  Reorganize the toy situation at my house - pack away toys Olive has outgrown and this will have to be done at nap time or at night because it's traumatizing to do it with the help of a toddler

7. Write out a daily to do list of things I want to make sure to do with Olive every day.  I've done this in the past, but I'd like to revamp one that works well for us right now.  I'm thinking a quick checklist that I can post and work through most days.

8. Download current favorite songs and make a new playlist 

9. Plan some fun things for Olive.  Invite one new friend and their mom over for a play date and say yes to 2 invitations to play.  Go to story time and check out the program at the art museum for toddlers.  Go on a doughnut date, bring Kevin lunch, run errands together, stop by the pet store, etc.

10. Plan a day trip to Indianapolis to use a restaurant Groupon and do some shopping


What are some things that you're working on accomplishing this month??


7 comments:

  1. Great list. I really need to take better care of myself, too!

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your February goals! I especially love your number 9 because I constantly feel like I need something like this just to help me to remember to do some basic things....hello mama brain! My biggest goals for February are to celebrate Valentine's Day with lots of love and happiness and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love how you made big goals and short goals too! I really need to get busy working on some Valentines activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great list. I love how your lists have a little of this and a little of that. I really need to try harder with my to-dos. Lately my lists have been things like, clip my nails, wash clothes and drink water. Ha! #lame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list - if you lived close, we'd have to playdate all the time! I need to finish thank you cards, declutter, put away all under size 2 clothes away too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your Valentines and treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you all the best with completing your goals. I read 'Jesus Calling' almost every day. House hunting can be very exhausting, but it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.