It was a great week at our house. Nothing super exciting, but just lots of good times. We tried out a new story time, met Kevin for lunch, played with friends and worked on some things around the house. We DIY'd some valentines and I can't wait to show the finished product to you next week. We're heading to visit family this weekend and ready to cheer hard for the Broncos and Peyton Manning to win the Super Bowl this year.
1. We met up with some friends for a donut/library date yesterday. The valentine donuts were delicious and our newly remodeled library was so nice! We got to go to a story/music time class, play with all of their new interactive toys and explore the space. We'll definitely be returning on a weekly basis for their programs and fun things.
2. We got to pick up this handsome guy for a quick Jimmy Johns lunch date this week. There's one right next to campus so it worked out perfectly for us to grab him in between classes. Olive has finally decided she's a fan of JJs and happily shared my sandwich with me. As soon as my food was gone, she moved over to sit by her favorite person.
3. I love making holiday themed food so it was a ton of fun for me to do a valentine themed snack for our play date with friends and then make a valentine themed salad for myself. Pretty food just tastes better. So far we've enjoyed these two things, some valentine donuts and brownie cookies. I've got the urge to make some cream puffs next week!
4. We made our Valentine's this week and Olive spent an hour painting them. Anything that entertains a toddler for an hour is amazing in my books! I picked the colors and painted a few hearts where she told me to, but she insisted on painting herself. She'd shoo me away if I got too close to her masterpieces :) I pinned several cute DIY valentine ideas, but ultimately decided to let her do her own thing. She had a great time and I didn't stress about how anything was coming together. Win-win! They dried overnight and are ready to be delivered/sent out to family & friends. I'll be sure to show you a picture after we've gotten ours in the mail.
5. Our house hunting is going really well and we're starting to think about fun things to add to our backyard. Olive did a little house hunting of her own while we were at Sams this week. She was ready to move right into this darling house. Her birthday is at the end of May so we'll have to seriously think about some backyard toy options this year.
Be sure and check out my favorite posts from this week:
I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!
Do you have any fun Super Bowl plans??