Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!  I hope you've had a great week.  We did some fun Valentine's Day crafts, ran some errands, did some house hunting and are looking forward to a fun weekend at home.  No big plans and lots of relaxing.  I got a much better report from the doctor this week saying my blood pressure looked much better and baby boy is doing GREAT!  Don't have to go back for two weeks.  Hooray!

My favorite parts of the week were:

// 1 //
I got a sweet Valentine's Day care package in the mail this week.
These cookies were amazing!!  Now I'm motivated to start working on making our valentines for friends and family.  I also picked up some Valentine's Day sprinkles so I'm ready to make some cute desserts.  I'm having trouble finding the Valentine's Day Funfetti - have you seen it anywhere this season??

// 2 //
I've been lucky enough to collaborate with Marley Lilly for two years in a row and love their personalized products.  They've got tons of jewelry and accessories to choose from.  I'd like one of everything they sell and they have great sales throughout the year.  They sent me this monogrammed gold pearl necklace and it's so sweet!  I love the dainty necklace with my monogram and really loved stacking it with two of my other favorite gold necklaces.  It's perfect for layering and so classic with that pearl charm.  You can order it in silver or gold and I bet anyone would love getting this for a gift.
clear stone necklace - Dillards

// 3 //
My sister sent me some ADORABLE boy moccasins for Fletcher.  I can't wait to have him wear them.  His big sister wore some adorable gold bow moccasins when she was a baby, but they aren't really gender neutral so it's nice to have a boy option for him.  Aren't they cute?!?!  I haven't bought any shoes for our little guy so it was fun to get a pair in the mail.

// 4 //
My Dad came up for a quick day trip to help us with some house hunting this week.  He did all the things that Dad's are supposed to do... ask questions, poke his head down into the crawl space, look at the foundation and look over our list of potential projects.  It was a really productive day and we made him some cookies to say thank you for his help.  Olive was thrilled to have him around and skipped her nap to watch out the window for him to arrive.

// 5 //
We met some friends at a local bounce house facility and Olive climbed, jumped and played for a few hours.  It was so fun to see her being brave and figuring out how to climb to the top of things.  She's not afraid of anything and that kind of makes me afraid.  I enjoyed visiting with the other moms and she had a good time with her friends so I'd call it a win-win for both of us.  Note: this is the only time where I can convince her to wear socks and she insists on taking them off as soon as she's done bouncing.  Oh toddlers...

Be sure and check out my favorite posts from this week if you haven't already read them:
 
My best recipes from January including this delicious salsa dip

with tons of delicious recipes and fun crafts to do with kids

I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans??

22 comments:

  1. Such fun favorites this week. The heart cookies look so pretty and done to perfection with the icing. Here's to enjoying a fun and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart cookies are pretty but your brownie cookies look so so good! I might need to make those today. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you paired all of the difference necklaces together. Oh and those cookies look so good! Have a great weekend.

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those moccs are so cute! Are they Freshly Picked? I want a pair for my little dude, but they're so pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Those brownie cookies look so good and I love the pic of you with your necklaces - so pretty and love the red lipstick!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that's so awesome your Dad came to help you house hunt! That made my heart happy because I feel the same way about my Dad.. he's the first I call to ask "so there is an issue with this and that with the house" and we bounced lots of questions off of him when we were house hunting. :-) Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute necklace! Those cookies look so good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of your dad to be looking out for you! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/tea-time-operation-and-snow-12916.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen the Funfetti at Wal-Mart. I'm going to pick up the icing to use for my sugar cookies. I love that necklace. I just love the way a pearl adds a special touch. I am working the school dance tomorrow night. The weather is going to be great this weekend so I hope to spend lots of time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies are so cute! I love all Valentine's-themed things haha. Olive looks like she had a blast at the bounce house! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl those are fabulous little shoes! so glad i found your blog through the link up! cant wait to follow along and hope you'll stop by mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies look SOOO good! Also how fun to work with marley Lilly!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those heart cookies look amazing! May make some for my girlfriends considering we are all single. We are doing a bring your own dessert for a movie night over Valentines weekend to celebrate so I think those cookies would be appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cookies look delicious! I hope you have a nice weekend. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you got a better report from the doctor this week! Those cookies look amazing, and they sure traveled well. I want to know your sister's cookie packing secrets! Enjoy your weekend!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of the food you post always looks so yummy!!! I'm pretty sure I need some of those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little one looks so happy with her grandpa. Those cookies look mighty yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those heart shaped cookies!!! Sending Valentine's packages are so cute!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always find Funfetti at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dads are the best when it comes to house hunting! Hope you're narrowing it down :) Those cookies are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much fun! I hope you find some Funfetti soon! I love that we was so excited she couldn't sleep to :) hehe! Hope you are having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.