Wednesday, February 10, 2016

wiww: Maternity

I'm sharing a few of my favorite maternity outfits this week.  They've all been on repeat lately.  I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I'm happy to report that most of my maternity clothes are still fitting.  I am still adding in non-maternity cardigans, vests and jackets to change things up a bit along with a wide variety of accessories.  Most of my non-maternity tops have been retired because they're all too short for my growing belly.  I am quick to pack them up  and get them out of my sight so that I only have clothes hanging in my closet that currently fit.  I learned with my first pregnancy that staring at a closet full clothes that no longer fit takes a toll on the old self esteem every morning.  

Third Trimester Wardrobe Favorites:

// 1 //
dress & necklace  - Old Navy (sized up non-maternity)
cardigan - Motherhood
tights - Spanx 
booties - Meijer

// 2 //
floral tank - Old Navy (NEW)
sweater - GAP
necklace - Charlotte Russe
bow earrings - Kate Spade
pants - Motherhood
flats - Marhsalls

 // 3 //
Solids + Fun Accessories
vest - Kohls (NEW)
chambray - Old Navy
tank - Motherhood (NEW)
non-maternity leggings - Wal-Mart (NEW)
pearls - Macys

*****My thoughts on leggings ****
I ordered a pair of the infamous Blanqi maternity leggings 
during their Black Friday sale and I found them to be very underwhelming.
Thankfully, they were half off, but still kind of disappointing. 

They are thick and comfy, 
BUT
they snag easily and any time I change a diaper the velcro snags them like tights,
they run REALLY large so I should have sized down,
ignore their sizing chart and buy several sizes SMALLER,
they are SUPER long - 
I'm 5'5" - almost need to cuff them & could pull them up to my armpits,
they don't shrink at all which would be good if I'd ordered a few sizes smaller,
they are not supportive unless you size down a few sizes
and overall I prefer my $5 Wal-Mart leggings over the $64 Blanqi options.

I do love that they fully cover my growing belly since the belly panel is so big.  They are also thick enough to pass for pants with long tops.  So I can't say to avoid them completely, just beware and size wayyyyyyyyyyyy down.




Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

11 comments:

  1. I love your polka dot vest! Super cute with that outfit, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on the hunt for black booties like the ones you're wearing and have not been able to find them in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your florals! Total bummer about the leggings :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely floral pieces- makes me want to start looking at spring styles and colors!! Great accessorizing too friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just looking so darn cute! And love those gray booties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so glowing and happy Whitney. Love the patterns and floral! Such a neat way to make an outfit fun. This is coming from someone who NEVER wears patterns. I am trying to change though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the polka dot vest outfit! You look beautiful! Your review of the leggings had me cracking up. There's nothing worse than tights or leggings that are too big! I have a pair of gray tights right now that majorly bag at my ankles, no matter how many times I pull them up. Literally makes me feel like the "Saggy Baggy Elephant." You remember that Golden Book, right? :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're too cute, Whitney! I love all of your outfits. This makes me miss styling a bump.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the polka dot! I have one just like that in navy! You're so cute pregnant! I felt like the titanic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in all the outfits, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.