Thursday, February 4, 2016

Teaching Together: Highlights Magazine

 My MIL surprised us with a Highlights subscription for Olive this year.  I didn't realize that they even had a subscription service for preschool/toddlers and thought they only published an elementary school Highlights magazine.  

The subscription is darling,
arrives once a month and here's what's included:
- a parent's guide to reading tips for toddlers
-an indestructible book that is sewn together
-a calendar with search a find picture for each month & holiday stickers

The parent's guide:

The books:
They're perfect for keeping in my purse
and have cute activities on every page



 We've had so much fun with the calendar.
The hidden pictures are a little hard for Olive to do on her own, but we have a great time doing them together.  She loves to point out each of the pictures all month long.  We add in the monthly holiday stickers, talk about numbers, letters, days of the week, months, keep track of potty training progress, etc.
 




It's fun to open a new book each month and do new our little learning each month.  I'd highly recommend this subscription to any parent of littles. Maybe even suggest it as a gift from family members for a birthday??  It's a great learning tool!

Linking up with Beth for Teaching Together

9 comments:

  1. Highlights magazines - the whole series - are just wonderful. I remember reading them as a child. And my kids enjoyed both High Five and Highlights magazines. I don't think they had Hello out when they were little, or I didn't know about it. That little book is perfect for carrying in the car or purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Highlights as a kid. They were so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved the baby/toddler ones when my kiddos were little! They were always in my purse for doctor appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get Highlights and the Hidden Pictures series too! We LOVE them! Even though I'm a bit embarressed to admit that some of the hidden pictures have me stumped. One took wayyyyyyy too long to be found once, and even my husband couldn't find it! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yess!!! I LOVE this. My grandparents signed both girls up for Highlights magazine and they are so fun when they arrive! And of course, I can't help but positively adore the little baby version. So stinkin cute.

    Thanks for linking up with us, Whitney!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness the baby version is adorable! We used to get Highlights Jr. and Marissa loved it. We have also had a few hidden picture puzzle work books too which were a blast as well.

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness the baby version is adorable! We used to get Highlights Jr. and Marissa loved it. We have also had a few hidden picture puzzle work books too which were a blast as well.

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Highlights growing up! Im glad this is just for toddlers, its so important for learning to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know about this so I'm so glad you told us! I love getting involved with Jack so I know I would love this also. Plus, anything with stickers is an automatic love for Jack.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.