Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mostaccioli

My mother in law used to make Mostaccioli (pronounced Masta-chelly) for her family and she was nice enough to share the recipe with me.  It's always a crowd pleaser and it's really easy to throw together.

You'll need:
1 box of penne pasta
*I tried veggie pasta and was pretty happy with the results.
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
salt and peper
1 1ld lean ground round
1/2 a yellow onion
 Boil the noodles, put in a greased 9x13 pan and salt them.
 Brown the ground beef and onion and then mix it into the noodles.
 Add the spaghetti sauce and stir around.
 Top with cheese
 Bake at 350 for 25 minutes and broil for a few more minutes to make the cheese crispy.
 Dish up and serve with your favorite veggie.  We chose broccoli.
I didn't mind the veggie noodles but the green noodles did throw us off a bit.  I felt a little like we were eating green beans in our pasta.  The flavor was good though.
 Your family will enjoy this easy dinner and so will you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.