Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas House Tour

We have most of our Christmas decorations up and are just enjoying the season.  It's been fun to decorate a new place this year. I didn't put out everything but tried to use our favorite decorations.

I made a wreath from extra branches we trimmed off of our real tree.
It was really simple to do - I'll post a tutorial in the next few days.

We have decorations out all around the house.  
The nativity, nutcrackers and apothecary jars.

We got to put a try up in our baby's nursery this year.
It's her first Christmas so we are loving celebrating all the holiday firsts with her.
Our Christmas tree theme this year is
TRAVEL
We always get an ornament as a souvenir from the places we travel.  It's really fun to decorate the tree with memories of fun trips we've gotten to go to take over the years.  The hearts are map of our favorite places that we have been.  I also made a map garland and included some fun picture ornaments.


 Stockings for me, my husband, our daughter and our cats
and the Christmas cards we've gotten so far.
I always pick a door in the house to hang them on because that's what my mom always did when I was growing up.  I love looking at all the pictures of our friends and seeing the Christmas cheer.

My shiny green Christmas tree collection
and our advent tree.

 My cats are kind of naughty when the holiday decorations come out.
They think they need to be in the middle of everything...

I'm hoping to make our gingerbread house this weekend and do some baking.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

6 comments:

  1. My sister Patty, has those St. Patrick's Day Nutcrackers too, that is her birthday. Love the lounging Christmas cats

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's begginning to look a lot like Christmas.. Everything looks beautiful especially Olive and Santa....Love Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that there's a tree in the nursery - and I love the monogrammed art, as well! You did a wonderful job. Also, I received your Christmas card. {You have a beautiful family.} Thanks for keeping me on your list. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks so cute and festive! Love your baby's nursery! Precious! And all the fun nutcrackers! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect nutcrackers too! Got an army of them!
    Love the beautiful, bright colors of your Christmas decor :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.