Thursday, December 26, 2013

Easy Breakfast Ideas

As I've gotten older, I appreciate breakfast more and more.  I'd eat breakfast for dinner (brinner) weekly but my husband is not really a fan and tends to poo poo the idea.  I wanted to share with a you some of my favorite, easy breakfast recipes.  They might just be the perfect thing to try out this Christmas break :)

BACON, EGG & CHEESE BAGEL SANDWICHES
I consumed a lot of these in college thanks to having a McDonalds on campus and a sister who was always willing to meet me there.  So I got the urge to recreate them at home.  You'll need:
Lender's plain refrigerated bagels
2 eggs per sandwhich
a slice of cheese
bacon bits

Fry the egg, flip and add cheese/bacon then top with other egg.
Put eggs on a toasted bagel and enjoy.

CHOCOLATE CHIP MINI PANCAKES
We love the Bisquick pancake recipe so I always use it and add a little flour to make them fluffier.
Add in mini chocolate chips.
Scoop out with your smallest cookie scoop.
Flip before they get too brown.
Top with powered sugar, a little butter and light syrup.
Yum :)

FRENCH TOAST
4 slices of bread - I always use wheat bread with "birdseed" in it or healthyish bread
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 t vanilla
3 t cinnamon
sprinkle of sugar
powdered sugar
light syrup
butter

Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar together until well combined
 Dip slices of bread in it 
and you may need to add more cinnamon if the first few slices hog most of it.
Put them directly on a warm skillet.
 Flip
 Top with butter and powdered sugar or leave plain for the plain folks.
 Add light syrup & enjoy!
 I love this easy breakfast because I always have the ingredients on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.