Monday, May 6, 2013

Hospital Bag Must Haves?

I've consulted friends, family and some lists on Pinterest to compile must haves for me/my baby when we go to the hospital.  Some people say bring very little, some people have reasonable lists and some suggest bringing enough stuff to fill a U-haul.  I'd like to find a happy medium so that I'm comfortable and not feeling like I'm roughing it.

Here's what I have packed right now 
for ME:
1. Travel size toiletries of my usual products.
2. Make-up wipes and my usual make up
3. Hair Straightener
4. pjs/comfy lounge wear
5. Light robe
6. Flip flops
7. Socks
8. Nursing tank, bra, creams, pads and such
9. Camera, video camera and battery charger
10. charging cords, extension cord
11. contacts/glasses
12. mints/gum
13. hand sanitizer/yummy smelling hand soap 
14. Granny panties in case the hospital ones won't do
15. I'll grab my iPhone, my purse and the rest of my pile when the time comes.
16. An empty bag or two to put any gifts/hospital extras they send us home with.

 for OLIVE:
1. Baby sleeper(s)
2. Headbands
3. Pacis - a few different ones
4. A blanket or two
5. Little hat
6.  Boppy

for Dad:
1. Snacks
2. Cash for vending machines
3. Phone/charger
4. We are going to share all the toiletries and necessities.
*We live less than 15 minutes from the hospital so he's planning to go home to shower and isn't going to bring  a lot of extras.  That way he can still take care of the cats, get anything that he/we need and not have to have a ton of things to haul around.

Did I forget anything?  Is there anything else that you'd suggest.
PLEASE let me know so that I'm ready to go when the time comes.

3 comments:

  1. I have always had my pillows from home when I delivered the girls. I am not sure if your hospital is like ours and you deliver in the same bed you stay in during your hospital stay. Your list sounds like you everything covered! So looking forward to another niece-- can't wait to see Miss Olive Kate..

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great list! From my experience: 1. You won't need your straightener, but will need some stretchy type sport headbands and elasticskeep your hair out of your face. 2. A Pillow and blanket for Kevin. Whether or not he'll be sleeping there, he WILL want to catch some z's whenever possible. 3. Your own pillow for you. Can't wait for you- this is such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a baby so I can't help but it seems to me you have all the appropriate bases covered!!! You will do great!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.