Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Benihana at Home

My hubby and I tried Benihana for the first time when we were in Vegas several months ago.  We both LOVED our dinner and I wanted to try to recreate a more affordable option at home.  I ordered Lemon Chicken so that's the version I'm sharing with you.

You'll need:
zucchini
yellow onions
yellow squash
mushrooms
chicken breasts (one per person)
3-4 lemons
salt and pepper
your favorite rice

Chop all veggies and cook in Olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Squeeze lemons over veggies and chicken as they cook.
Thinly slice chicken breasts and trim off all of the ick.

 Cook rice separately.
 Cook veggies until desired softness is reached.
I squeezed fresh lemons over both the whole time they were cooking.
 Chicken is done!
 Combine chicken & veggies with a side of rice.
It was pretty delish and an easy meal to put together.
Definitely achieved my goal of a more affordable option for at home cooks.

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.