Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday and Happy March, friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.


Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Look for the Flowers - a good goal for each day.

Stove Top Smash Burgers - a delicious dinner!

February Coffee Chat - come read about my spring wardrobe wish list & favorite mascara!


Now onto my favorite moments of the week:

1. I dropped Olive and her friends off at youth group and found the happiest rainbow on the sidewalk.  Rainbows will always make me smile.


2. Kevin and I got to go out on a date night for the first time in months.  We tried a new restaurant and loved it.  We can't wait to go back to Pangea for pizza.  It was nice to catch up with friends while trying a new restaurant.  Now that we know how the place works (order first, then be seated, food is slow to come out, ask for water at the counter, try to sit in the bar if you can get a table, save room for dessert), we're more prepared to go back next time.

3. Matilda Jane dresses will always be my favorite.  I've still not gotten over the fact that they closed.  The details, quality and fabric just can't be beat.  I wore this favorite dress to church on Sunday.

4. Packing lunches (AKA Hugs from Home) is one of my favorite nightly routines.  I love knowing that my kids will get to have all tehir favorite foods and a big hug from home in the middel of their school days.

5. Penny makes us laugh every day at how much she loves Fletcher.  She snoozes all day and then follows him around like his shadow the rest of the day.

6. Kevin got a neat opportunity to meet with our Lt. Governor this week to show her the new mental health and wellness clinic at UE.  She enjoyed the tour and he enjoyed promoting his program.  Look at his snazzy plaid jacket!

7. Storytime.  Leo and I went with a friend to story time this week.  He loved the penguin book and the bubble machine.


8. Fletcher has been learning about gardening, plants, composting and bees.  He came home iwht a newly sprouted lima bean plant that he's been taking really good care of.

9. We met friends at The Polka Dot Play Cafe for the morning.  Leo loves everything there- dress up station, climbing area, the market, the salon, the doctor's office and the train tracks.  It's so sweet ot see him bounce from station to station with his buddies.  The moms grab a drink, chat and supervise.  Win-win for everyone.

10. Our Mommy & Me Bible study is working on John right now.  I was trying to finish up my homework and Leo was wanting to read about book about farms.  He read to me as I finished my homework.

11. Aces game!  We all went to the last Aces basketball game of the season.  Leo came for the snacks and getting to say hi to his grandparents.  They enjoyed popcorn, dip n dots and drinks.  We got coupons for Azzip Pizza and for free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.  It was fun to see neighbors, cheerfor the Aces when they were playing Kevin's former school ISU and even though we didn't win, it was fun.



He was so excited to keep a close eye on the mascot - Ace Purple - the whole game.  And use his cup as a megaphone.  

12. Dinner with friends.  Isn't it so nice when someone offers to have your whole family over for a homemade dinner?  Our friends fixed spaghetti and meatballs for us.  I brought the salad and a dessert.  The kids loved playing their sports video games and it was a fun evening.  We watched the South Carolina primary results come in and cheered for our favorite candidate.

We're ready for the weekend!  I'll see you back here on Monday :)

Linking up with Momfessionals


2 comments:

  1. I miss Matilda Jane. They had the cutest, most unique styles. It looks like a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Chalk on the sidewalk always makes me smile.
    It sounds like a good date night. It's always great to find somewhere that you want to go back to. I love the snazzy jacket that Kevin wore. I hope the meeting went well.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.