Wednesday, March 20, 2024

5 Spring Outfit Must Haves

Let's talk about Spring outfit ideas today!  You asked for more outfits this year and I'm delivering.  I have gotten into a better routine of taking outfit pictures thanks to Olive!  She's a great photographer and is usually happy to snap an outfit picture for me.  Yay!  I share a lot of outfits on instagram @polkadottyplace so follow me over there if you love this kind of content!

I have 5 Spring Outfit Must Haves to talk to you about today.  

I'll share the item and how I've been styling it.

1. Black or white skinny jeans

In my current season of life with little ones and messy hands around 24/7, white jeans just aren't appealing.  I love the look and have worn them before, but just not right now.  However, black skinnies are perfect for me.  Obviously, you can do black jeans in any fit, but black super skinny Rockstar jeans from Old Navy will always and forever be my favorite.  Along with black pointy toe flats.

I love black jeans with a belt, chambray top, and leopard cardigan.  Olive told me it was A LOT of leopard for one outfit, but I love the look.


This is a classic combo - black jeans, black t-shirt, leopard belt and a fun jacket with big gold hoops.

2. Pretty Dresses
I love these two dresses so much.  They are the easiest things to wear, work for multiple seasons and I always feel good in them.  Find dresses you LOVE to wear and you'll be so happy you did.  I've had good luck finding dresses on Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart and vintage Matilda Jane since they are no longer around.




3. Chambray Shirts
Find a chambray shirt that you love.  My favorite ones are soft, relaxed and work with everything from shorts, to black pants, over dresses and with skirts.  This one is from Old Navy a few years ago.  I added it over a favorite green dress for St. Patrick's Day.  It was a great way to stretch my closet and combine clothing to make a brand new outfit for free.


Take a moment to think through your accessories.  They really make the outfit!

Chambray shirts also look great with scarves!

4. Patterned Tops
I love a good floral top and it's hard to resist stripes.  Find tops that fit you well and that you love and it'll be so easy to get dressed.  I know anytime I wear these two tops that I'll feel good about my outfit.  I pair them with dark wash denim and various shoes depending on the occasion.  Easy, peasy autopilot outfits for me.  I have good luck finding tops at Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Marshalls & Walmart's Time and Tru line.



5. Jean jackets + a pop of FUN
I love this GAP jean jacket so much.  The puff sleeve is so unique and cute.  It make everyoutfit better.

This skirt is wild and crazy and it's my favorite.  It's a big circle skirt that is very twirly.  I bought it at Belk many years ago when we lived in Arkansas.  It's bold and fun to wear.  I love pairing it with my favorite puff sleeve jean jacket from GAP, clogs, accessories and a neutral tshirt.  If you are going BOLD with one item, tone down the rest of the outfit so that the fun item can shine.


Did you see any outfits that would work for you? I hope you feel inspired to put together some new looks for Spring!  Shop your closet first to see if you could pair some new items together.  Let me know if you have any outfit questions or struggles in the comments below.

7 comments:

  1. I love all of these outfits! You have the best style: fun, colorful and chic! I especially loved the denim shirt/green dress combo and your bold twirly skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so stylish and put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love all these outfits!! I love a good chambray shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so good in all of these outfits! So put together! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these outfits! I'm with you, it's hard to resist a floral top. I have so many! After you posted that dress and chambray combo outfit on Instagram, I pulled together a version of it from my closet. My dress is knee length so I'm going to wait a little longer until it warms up, but I can't wait to wear that combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always look so put together and adorable Whitney!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.