Monday, March 11, 2024

High End Items on a Budget

Do you have a favorite spot to shop for high end items on a budget?

I do!  I have found some name brand treasures for a fraction of their original price at stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods.  Here are a few examples of what to look for in case you are wanting some high end items without the high price tags.

1. Clothing

I talked about this Tommy Hilfiger Classic Band jacket a few weeks ago.  It's so cute and comfy.  The best part was that I got it for a super deal at Marshalls.  The original tag said $109.50 and I grabbed it for $22!!  What a deal!  Each color is a different price in store and on Amazon so if you find a higher end item that you love, keep an eye on the prices.  I linked the jackets in this post.

I also love to pick up higher end shoes at stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx.  These Cynthia Rowley flats were marked down to around $10 in the Fall.  They're nice shoes at a great price.

I try to always glance at the clearance sections just in case I can spot a treasure like these!



2. Lamps

Did you see this lamp on my Friday post?

I'm in love!

I've been on the lookout for the perfect statement lamp for this corner of my kitchen since we moved in over two years ago.  I just couldn't find the right one.  I waited and shopped.  Shopped and waited.  Then finally found it last week!

I have a knack for spotting and loving the most expensive lamps.  It's my gift :)  Same thing with rugs.  But this time I just knew this blue and white Ralph Lauren lamp would be perfect.  It's tall, beautiful, makes a statement and I love the mix of wood, floral base and a pretty shaped shade.  And after looking for 2 years, I knew that pretty lamps don't last.  You have to grab things that catch your eye because they go quick and aren't restocked. 

The original Ralph Lauren tag said $215 and the HomeGoods tag was $129.99.  It was a splurge, but I knew it was perfect!

I love that you get to see the lamps plugged in at HomeGoods and most come with a light bulb.  You get an idea for the type of light it will give in your space.  And they are easy to return if you take it home and don't love it.

3. If you can find any character items at stores like these, grab them!  Olive loves Stitch and the Stitch merchandise is so much cheaper here versus online.  I have found a Stitch backpack, plates, stuffed animals and coffee cups for really affordable prices compared to online.


Mom tip: If you are shopping with your kids at stores likes HomeGoods, grab a ruler for them to measure with while you shop.  They're hanging all over the store.  Just tear one off and have your kid measure and practice counting while you browse.  Leo loved it!  Also pack lots of snacks so they can snack in the cart while you shop.  

I love to find lamps, picture frames, wreaths, wrapping paper, holiday decor, kitchen items, pillows, rugs and gifts at these kind of stores.  You can get a great deal!  I do think their furniture is almost always over priced.  They have cute furniture, but $500/chair doesn't feel like a HomeGoods deal to me.

Where do you have the best luck finding high end items on a budget?

5 comments:

  1. I love those stores too but I also find amazing brand new or gently worn high quality clothing and shoes at Goodwill or online at Poshmark or Mercari. Thanks for sharing your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp, SWOON! Loved this post and your great finds! I got a cute planter at home good last week - I was inspired after seeing the one that the nester had in her coffee table. Now I just need to find the perfect slightly oversized plant to put in it. I honestly get so overwhelmed in home goods etc unless I go in looking for a specific item, but I need to get over that. And I NEED to remember to shop for gifts there! When I went last week I saw more adorable stitch stuff and I had to force myself not to text you haha. Can’t wait to see what you found! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TJ Maxx and Home Goods too! Love that jacket and lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the Homegoods furniture prices. Lately I have seen some great smaller furniture at my TJ Maxx and plan to look there when Grace gets her apartment. I love TJM and HGoods and always ask for a gift card there for holidays. Hope you have a great week. :) Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home Goods is my favorite place to find lamps! That RL lamp you purchased has caught my eye several times at TJ Maxx, but it was much higher than what you paid for it. Yay for a good bargain!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.