Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Stove Top Smash Burgers

I tried a new recipe last week and it was amazing!  My whole family enjoyed my smash burgers.  We've done them before on the Blackstone, but never tried smash burgers indoors.  This recipe is great for wehn the weather isn't ideal for grilling or if it's too cold to be outside grilling.

I promise that there is a smash burger under all those toppings!


Burger ingredients:
1.5 lbs of your favorite ground beef (for 5 people + leftovers)
Salt
Pepper
Kinders The Blend Seasoning (or your favorite seasoning)
Worchestershire sauce
A1 sauce
soft taco shells

I generously doused the ground beef with all of the ingredients above and mixed until well combined.  Then I used a scoop to divide up the meat for smash bugers.  I rolled the scoops into balls and got started grilling them on my stove top

I love the Mission brand tortillas.  Next time I'd go down to the smaller Street Taco sized tortillas so that the burger patty more closely matched the tortilla sized, but these worked just fine.  Especially if you like to load up your burgers with lots of toppings.

Toppings:
purple onion
grilled onion
lettuce
cheese
pickles
ketchup
mustard
fry sauce
bbq sauce

Mom Tip: I picked up these Arby's fries to make our meal a little extra special.  They were $5-6 a bag.  Even going with a splurge like these for sides, we saved so much money eating at home vs going out for a meal of burgers for everyone.  That's my favorite cooking tip!  Splurge on fun ingredients to make your dinners at home feel special.  You won't feel like you're missing out on anything.  

Cook the fries while your smash burgers are cooking.

Burgers are seasoned, rolled and ready to cook in hot skillets.

I used a couple of skillets at a time, my smash burger maker (you could use a glass instead) and got busy cooking.  I cooked them for a few minutes on each side until they got to my desired well done.

I did hamburgers and cheeseburgers.

I put them out on plates to serve and then my family went through the line to add their toppings.

This was a delicious dinner that I will definitely make again.  And I'm thrilled to report tht the leftover smash burgers reheated so well for easy leftover lunches.

Would your family enjoy these Stove Top Smash Burgers?

4 comments:

  1. We’ve been making these too! I really like them! I’ll have to get Arby’s fries next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't made these yet but I would love to try them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought to put the burgers on tortillas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO good!! Definitely going to make these on a Saturday night when the weather gets a little warmer and we can use the grill and eat outside!!! and LOVE those Arby fries!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.