Friday, March 15, 2024

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  Our week was funky.  Lots of weird or stressful things that just kind of added up to a week that we're ready to say goodbye to. Does that ever happen to you?  Did you catch my blog posts this week?

High End Items on a Budget - my favorite places to shop!

Creating Margin in My Life - this feels SO GOOD!

Preteen Parenting: Practice Gives Confidence


Now onto my favorite moments of the week:

1. Happy St Patrick's Day weekend!!  It's one of my favorite holidays thanks to our love of all things Irish and Notre Dame.  I put together these rainbow candy cups for my kids and our friends.  It was so much fun to add all the rainbow candy to my grocery pick up order and assemble them.  They were a big hit!  I found the gold coins at Dollar Tree and saw them at Hobby Lobby.  It's not too late to grab the supplies to make them this weekend.




Or you could put together a rainbow treat board for your family!!  My crew loved this!!  I added Keebler Thin Mints, Lucky Charms and all the rainbow candy from the rainbow cups.  


2. Can I help?  That's Leo's new favorite phrase in the kitchen.  It melts my heart!  He helped with smoothies, rice krispy treats and dinner.

3. Excused from jury duty!!  I got called for jury duty for the second time this year.  I was really hoping to get called off, but no such luck.  I had to report early Monday morning only to find out that they were selecting the jury for a big murder trial.  Yikes!  It was so interesting and I knew it would be a major time commitment.  Thankfully for me, I knew a police officer involved in the case and my Dad being a retired Sheriff, State Policeman and such for 40+ years meant the judge knew him and I couldn't be a fair and unbiased juror.  I was dismissed and relieved.  I've enjoyed following the news reports all week.  I have a new appreciation for people who are serving on juries for a long period of time.  One morning was stressful!!

4. Rainy day fun.  Leo is in charge of his own umbrella and loved it.  Friends invited us to play and that always feels good!

5. Spring flowers!  I really thought it would get cold again, but it seems as though Spring is here to stay.  We don't have any daffodils in our yard.  I love the white ones with orange centers.

6. Crumbl Cookies.  I celebrated being kicked out of the jury selection process by getting Crumbl cookies for everyone.  They were delicious.

7. Freckles are popping!  I always wished that I could have freckles and my dream came true with Fletcher.  All this time outside means that his freckles are popping up everywhere.  I gave the boys haircuts mideweek just in time for Spring pictures at school.

8. Leo is always doing the silliest things.  This is his latest trick which is actually a pretty impressive balancing act.

9. My mom found some cool rocks for Fletcher and one was a geode!

10. Hands and feet out the windows as we enjoy the sunshine this week.

11. We got to have dinner with Grandma at her favorite spot.  She chose the restaurant and the kids enjoyed their first Chinese buffet.  They loved trying new foods and finding new favorites.  Leo only liked the almond cookies.  I think he ate 4 for dinner.

12. The 5th grade celebrated Pi Day this week with their Spring Party.  I was glad my dad could watch Leo so that I could go celebrate with her.  She was hoping for pie party, but they had Pi cookies instead.

Have a great weekend!  I'll see you back here on Monday.

Linking up with Momfessionals


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the week is behind you. I know exactly what you mean...sometimes it just feels like there is a cloud hanging over the week. I'm glad you got of the jury service. Our juries have a policy where you can get out of it if you are a caretaker, including being the parent of children. Hope you have a sunshiney weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your week wasn't the greatest. Those candy cups are just brilliant, St Patrick's day isn't a big thing over here unless you visit some pubs.
    What a great helper Leo is!
    The jury duty case does sound interesting but I think I would have been relieved to get out of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had a rough week! I hope next week is much smoother and less stressful for you. So glad you got out of jury duty - thank goodness for "it's not what you know, it's who you know." I worked with a lady who was out on jury duty for MONTHS. I can't even imagine juggling that with kiddos! Hope your St. Paddy's Day weekend was magical! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.