Monday, March 18, 2024

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I hope you had a great weekend!  We had fun celebrating St Patrick's Day all weekend long!  One day we'll make it to a big city to see the river dyed green, but until then we'll be enjoying all the festivities from home.

Lucky to love them!  They all wore their new St Patrick's Day t-shirts to church Sunday morning.  Matching kids always and forever.


These pot of gold glasses were such a fun Dollar Tree find!

I love festive fun, but I don't want to pay boutique prices for it.  Walmart usually has the cutest holiday t-shirts for $6.98.  I love that I can get them in toddler to tween sizes.  I like to do one fun gift like these glasses and then something practical - light up basketballs!!  The kids were so excited about them.  Once they play with them for a few days, I'll come back with a real review of them.

A sink full of dirty Crocs was an unexpected rainbow.  I know I'll be sad one day when I'm no longer washing dirty kid shoes so I'm thankful for the sink full of color.  I noticed this time that the shoes are getting biggger and filling up my sink fast.

The easiest lucky breakfast.  I don't buy these often so it was a treat.

The rainbow treat cups were a big hit at our house and with our friends.  We enjoyed the leftover rainbow candy all weekend.

The kids were big enough to help me make some festive food.  Rainbow jello was a team effort this year and the kids are old enough now that they are genuinely helpful.

A new neighbor friend baked me the most beautiful loaf of bread!  I baked her welcome desserts when they moved in and she's returning the favor with homemade bread.  I like this friendship already!

Our backyard was the prettiest colors of spring this weekend - green grass, purple fields, blue skies, clouds and sunshine.

My parents came over for a St Patrick's Day dinner and it's always one of my favorite meals.  I made a berry salad, homemade bread, rainbow jello, Irish stew, Keilbasa and bacon wrapped smokies.  Then lemon bundt cake and Rice Krispie treats for dessert.  Yum!

And my favorite tradition: Rainbow Jello!!  It takes hours to make - 20 minutes per layer - but the kids helped and we were all proud of those 12 layers.  


I'm determined to look for the rainbows in my days this week and have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. That was quite a spread for dinner...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your themed Irish dinner! That jello always amazes me - such a masterpiece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the festivities! I miss a sink full of dirty crocs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner looks colorful and very tasty! I love that you make holidays fun and festive for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rainbow jello is absolutely beautiful! Definitely a job well done!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.