Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Best Sandwich Ever // Jimmy Johns Knock Off

I had a different post planned for today, but I bumped it in honor of this delicious sandwich.  I made myself a Jimmy Johns -esque sandwich for lunch yesterday and it was AMAZING.

Maybe the best sandwich that I have ever made!?

The best part is that it was really easy and very customizable.


I picked up most of my ingredients at Sams Club.  They've got a super deal on big loaves of sandwich bread.  Have you ever tried these french bread loaves?  You get 2 very large loaves for $1.98 back by the bakery.  At Jimmy Johns, one loaf of fresh bread is $2.  These are much larger.

I love the deli meat at Sams - I got Black Forest Ham & a big package of sharp cheddar cheese also from Sams.  We go through a lot of this cheese for snacks and sandwiches so this pack is perfect for us.

Set your oven to Broil.  Slice your bread in half and add your meat and cheese.  I did 3 pieces of meat and two pieces of cheese.  Broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp everything up.

Top with your favorite toppings - spicy brown mustard and shredded lettuce for me.  I love to buy the big salad bag mix at Sams.  It's $1.98 for a HUGE bag of lettuce.  We use it for tacos, sandwiches, salads and nachos.  It's delicious on all of them.  I usually just chop it up smaller to make it easier to eat.

You could offer lots more toppings - sprouts, purple onion, pepperoncini peppers, tomatoes, sweet peppers, bacon, mustard, mayo, etc.

Close your sandwich and enjoy!


I'm drooling.  This was such a good sandwich.  It makes an easy lunch or an easy dinner for your whole family.  Let everyone customize their sandwiches at home and it'll be MUCH cheaper than swinging through the drive thru at Jimmy Johns.  Would your family like to see this on the dinner menu?

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I always forget about doing sandwiches as a supper option. This one would be a hit at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM Whitney! I am ALL about a big sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sandwich looks really good! I am always surprised that I can't replicate Subway sandwiches (my favorite). I do like Jimmy John's as well so I am intrigued by this. Our Jimmy John's does not toast their sammies. And I have never seen a JJ with a drive thru. We are missing out in Ohio!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish! I will be going to Sam's Club soon and will have to pick up these ingredients to make my own sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to remember this for field meals! And to remember to look for these items at Sam's. We just did a haul over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.