Monday, August 9, 2021

My Hair & Makeup Routine Must Haves

Let's talk about make up today!  I don't usually post a lot of beauty/makeup related content, but I am excited about several new products I've added into my routine this Summer.  I like to mix high end and drug store make ups.  Ulta and Walmart are my go to spots.  I think Ulta is intimidating so I try to make myself always ask for help when I need help vs wandering around the store not finding what I need.   


Have you ever gone into a store or online to order a tried and true make up item only to find out it's been discontinued!?!?  Gosh, that's the worst.  That happened to me  with a favorite foundation I'd been wearing for years.  

I messaged a sweet blog friend who lives in the South and her make up always looks fabulous - hey Jess!  I asked her about a humidity friendly go to foundation and she recommended:

1. NEW- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear - it's got SPF 15, boasts up to 24 hours wear & transfer resistant.  

There are 50 colors to pick from.  Hence why I needed help from the ladies at Ulta.  I asked one for help and she said they had a Lancome expert so she'd get her to help me.  She looked at my skin closely.  Grabbed a sample and bam.  She got it right on the first try!  She sent me home with 310 Bisque C and I've loved it all summer long.  It wears really well, goes on so quickly and blends really great.  I'd highly recommend it.  It's got 8000+ reviews on Ulta.com and it's SPLURGE at $47.

 2. NEW- Milani Baked Powder Blush color Luminoso

This blush is gorgeous!  It's got highlighter and blush in one and it's the prettiest shimmer on your cheeks.  It's $6.99 and can easily be added to your Wal-Mart grocery pick up order.  SAVE!

3. Water Proof Mascara

I always wear waterproof mascara.  It stays put so well and doesn't flake off.  I'm currently alternating Brown mascara from Maybelline Lash Sensational and Voluminous Million Lashes.

4. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer.

This stuff is great.  A little goes a long way.  It conceals and brightens.  It's a splurge at $29.00.  It has 13000+ reviews on ulta.com and I love it.

5. Make up brushes

Any mid range set of brushes will do :)

6. NYX lipstick or lip butter

This is a definite SAVE.  You can get the prettiest shades of pinks, reds, orangey pinks, etc. for about $5 a tube at the grocery store.  It wears really well and the colors are gorgeous.  I always have NYX lipstick and lip butter on me wherever I go.

7. Maybelline Master Strobing Stick

This pretty highlighter is great if you're using a more matte blush with no highlighter in it.  I wouldn't recommend using this and the Milani blush I mentioned above. It's got plenty of highlighter in it already.  This is a SAVE at around $5 a tube.

8. L'Oreal Eye Shadow Palette 111

I bought this for myself for Christmas and it's been AMAZING.  It was a big SAVE at $14.  The colors are so pretty, are really long lasting and it has lasted for such a long time.  I use the darker shade on my brows with the angle brush and the lighter shades on my lids.  I love this and will definitely buy it again.  

And everything I mentioned above on my face here: I love it!  And it only takes me about 5 minutes max to apply.  I also need to mention the no crease twisty hair ties!  They're amazing.  They really leave no crease in my hair which is a miracle.  I've got them everywhere so I can put my hair up anytime.  I'd highly recommend them.

 

NEW - I am loving this Moroccan Oil hydrating shampoo, conditioner and smoothing lotion.  It smells amazing and it's done wonders for my hair.  It's smoother, shinier and feels healthier.  I bought the smaller size bottles to give it a try and plan to buy the big bottles when I run out.  This is my second tube of the smoothing lotion.  This is a SPLURGE that I'd highly recommend.

NEW - Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub.  It smells amazing, is a gentle exfoliater and it leaves your skin feeling so soft.  This was a random grocery pick up addition to my Walmart order.  It's around $6 and is a great SAVE.  There's even an Ibotta coupon for it right now if you want to try it.  Or you can get an even better deal with my Amazon link below - it's marked down to $5.12 right now!



What are some of your favorite skin care and hair care products?

Here are my Amazon links to some of my favorite beauty products!  Thanks for shopping my links if you see something you want to try.  I appreciate you supporting my blog so much.

4 comments:

  1. My go-to everyday lipstick has been discontinued and I am distraught. LOL. But seriously, why does that happen?! I need to try the Milani blush - I love a highlight and blush combo. NYX is one of my favorite brands for quality and price!
    Have you tried the Elf Hydrayting Camo Concealer? It's $6 at Ulta. My mom and I both love it - she was a major fan of the Shape Tape concealer and swears this is a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those NYX butter glosses. They are so pigmented and don't get on my teeth, haha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other things I love:
    Ilya True Skin Serum Foundation (Big Splurge at $54, but I LOVE IT) used with NYX Bare With Me Skin Serum Brush
    Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink
    The Essence Sun Club Mat Bronzing Powder Palette
    No7 Mascara Stay Perfect Waterproof Long Wear Tubular Black
    Ulta Metallic Cream Eyeshadow
    Elf Mint Melt Gloss
    Elf Bite Sized Eyeshadows
    Colourpop Bambi "Thumper" Palette
    Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the recommendations! I use the NYX lip butter and like it. I would like to try the Morrocan smoothing cream. Right now I have the oil, which I like, but think the cream would probably be a better fit for me.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.