Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday Favorites!

It's the last Friday of Summer - how did that happen!?!  We've had a blast and squeezed in tons of family fun, but I'm always a little sad to say goodbye to Summer.  The days of making our own schedules, doing our own thing, flexibility, staying up late and waking up without an alarm.  Summer days are the best!

We did some back to school prep throughout the week and feel like we'll be ready to go on Monday.  I can't wait to tell you about our Friday Favorites.

1. Free the Arts and Craft Supplies

Have you heard about this movement??  #freethecraftsupplies - it's a movement on social media to actually use and enjoy the craft supplies you buy for your kids.  I tried hard to do it all month long in July.  I'd set out art supplies and let the kids create whatever they wanted.  I think they'd tell you this was a highlight of their summer.  They LOVED creating and making art messes.  I'd give them time to do this when Leo was sleeping and then we would clean up together.

2. Lunch Box Notes

I found the cutest lunch box note options at Dollar Tree recently.  They're labeled as classroom decor.  They're thicker than notepad paper. and will be the cutest notes for school lunches.  I won't put one of these in every day, but a couple times a week will be perfect for these bright and cheery notes.

3. Stuffed Animals

We're going through a big stuffed animal phase.  Any time we leave the house, the kids ask to bring a "stuffy" with them.  It's cute and sweet and so innocent.  I'll savor this phase as long as it lasts.  We visited several parks this week.  Early in the morning to try to beat the heat.

Please don't burst Leo's bubble and tell him that his BFFs are going back to school next week!

You never know what you'll find at the playground.

4. Captain Chaos

Leo learned how to climb our bar stools this week and the only person who's thrilled with this milestone is Leo.  He is into EVERYTHING.  He could use a baby body guard.

5. Jordan Bakery Box

My bakery & charcuterie business is booming!  It's keeping me just busy enough to be a fun challenge for me.  I baked lots of loaves of crusty bread, cookies and assembled charcuterie boxes this week.



6. Divide and Conquer

Kevin took Olive to pick out her school supplies while I went with Fletcher to meet his teacher.  They both loved the alone time to get to pick out their favorites for the school year.

7. Meow

Penny & Pearl have new favorite spots.  Penny loves looking out the window.  And look how good my Fiddle Leaf Fig plant is looking!!  I changed out the soil and water it once or twice a week.  It's super happy here.  And Pearl loves hanging out in the piles of stuffed animals on the kid's beds.


8. Limelight Hydrangea

My limelight is looking amazing!  It's filled with blooms.  They start out all green and then the edges turn pink.  It's beautiful!!  We have been seeing tons of butterflies this week!


9. The Fun Mom

I've tried to say YES more to fun, spontaneous opportunities that have come our way this Summer.  Last minute playdate - YES!  Movie night - YES!  Play in the rain - SURE!  The kids were thrilled.


10. Strawberry Pie

The kids helped me make one last strawberry pie this week.  Fletcher did a great job cutting off the stems and we all worked together to make the filling, roll out the crust, etc.  They love helping me in the kitchen.


11. Another day another park.

The kids spent their own money to buy themselves fishing nets.  They couldn't wait to find a creek to do some creek stomping.  It was hard to keep Leo out of the water.  The big kids caught fish, crawdads and all kinds of stuff in their nets.  They were super proud of their catching skills.



12. Class of 2034 - kindergarten here we come!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  We're sticking close to home and hoping to get some good rest before school starts on Monday.  

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. What a fun week! That stream time looks amazing….we’d love to do that! And your strawberry pie makes me drool..oh my goodness 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all these day-to-day photos. Get lots of rest for the new school year. I know Leo will enjoy being your "little buddy" when the big kids are at school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful last week before school! My kids' biggest goal for our last summer days is to host a lemonade stand!!

    Would love to hear any tips you have on hydrangeas!! We just got two bushes this spring and I've heard they can be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your free the crafts time each day; we used to do fun art projects each day in the summer. Your strawberry pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.