Friday, August 20, 2021

10 Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  This has felt like the longest week ever.  

My kids went back to school on Monday and we are all dragging across the Friday finish line.  They've had a good week at school, but we're all exhausted.  I went to bed before 11pm a few different nights and that isn't like me.  Let's never start back to school on a Monday again!?  I think I'm just exhausted from worrying about all the little things, remembering everything the kids need each day, figuring out our new routines, navigating drop offs and bus routes and packing lunches.  I love it all; my brain is just on overload.

The week has it's highs - both kids like their teachers and their classrooms, we got to go to open houses for both of them and be in their school which didn't happen last year, we got to relax and enjoy time together in the evenings, the kittens turned one and we're ready for a quiet weekend!

And it's lows - tears from everyone - missing mom at lunch, broken down school bus, saying goodbyes at drop off, missing friends from last year, stressing about making new friends and teething troubles.  Thankfully the highs outweighed the lows and we'll get back into the school routine soon enough.

Our favorite moments of the week were:

1. Mimi & Papaw came to town for the day!  We had fun working on projects around the house and hanging out on our last weekend of Summer.  And Mimi showed up with her specialty - homemade caramel corn :)

2. We had a neighborhood snow cone party to celebrate the end of Summer.  The Kona Ice truck was there and everyone got a cup of shaved ice and full access to the flavorwave station.  Leo LOVED it.  I think this was his first snow cone.

3. We made back to school bracelets.  The kids each made their own.  I made some for them and then I ended up with a stack of mine own.  We all wore them this week and said prayers for each other throughout the school days.

4. We met friends at the playground a few times.  Leo got to enjoy being on his own with me and play with some new little buddies.  I guess he won't mind being the boss of our days from 8am-3pm when the big kids are off at school.

5. I introduced a new product in my bakery - After School Snack Boxes!  They turned out great and were a big hit.  Local friends picked them up all week long.

6. We had a smiley face charcuterie dinner one night this week.  It's one of our favorite meals!  I love that there are no dishes and very little clean up.

7. After School Mini Muffin Tin snack tray.  The big kids LOVED coming home to this surprise yesterday.  It's so easy to put together.  I do it at nap time and then we eat it after school.  They loved dipping things in the Nutella.


 

8. We did all the back to school things this week - 2 open houses, play on the playground, tons of paperwork, drop offs, pick ups and more.

 

9. We've been using and loving Yumboxes for YEARS!  They're the best containers for lunches.  You can read all about my favorite Yumbox and lunch packing tips here - Yumbox Favorites

Here's a few of the lunches I packed this week:




10. Penny & Pearl turned ONE!  These pretty kitty sisters turned one.  We spoiled them with new cat toys, some fancy cat food and a song or two.  They're the sweetest golden eyed girls.  They love to be by my side and are so so patient with the kids.  They love each other TONS and if you're looking for them at night, they are probably sleeping with one of the kids.  I'm so glad that they talked me into getting two kittens instead of one.






I hope you've had a great week and have some fun plans for your weekend.

I'm linking up with Momfessionals


1 comment:

  1. Can you come pack my lunches? Lol, they always look so good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.