Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Kindergarten Kick Off

We've got kindergarten on the brain over here!  

Fletcher got to meet his new teacher on Friday and had his Kindergarten Kick Off party on Sunday.  I loved planning the event with a few of my friends who also have incoming K kids.  We did stations for the kids to rotate through and everyone had a good time.

Class of 2034!?!  That is WILD to me!

Tip: Take the time to make your kid's teachers feel special and appreciated right away!  Fletcher's K teacher told him in her back to school letter that she loves Snickers.  We picked up a treat for her and gave it to her at the open house.  She was surprised and thrilled!

We went back to school shoe shopping.  It's always interesting to me which shoes they end up deciding on.  Comfort and fast running shoes is KEY.

These cuties helped me blow up 150+ balloons to make our own balloon garland.

It turned out so cute.  It was the biggest one I'd made so far and it was the perfect photo backdrop for the kindergarten party at a shelter house at one of our local parks.  

Our theme was Up Up and Away!  They're off to K!

All the kids made their own name tag and then took their picture with the sign.

The kids rotated through stations - parachute, backpack relay, school supply bucket toss, balloon games, key chain making, popsicles and snacks.  It was tons of fun to get to celebrate heading off to kindergarten with all of our buddies from our mom's group.

I loved putting together the favor bags!

Airheads

Dubble Bubble

Bubble wands

Pop It key chains

Smarties

candy, school supplies and sunnies

It's amazing how much more calm, confident and just happy I feel sending my second child off to kindergarten.  With Olive, I was so nervous and stressed about all the unknowns.  This time around I am excited for Olive and Fletcher to be at school together and feel like I know the ropes at their school.  I'm no longer a newbie elementary school mom and it feels great!  Fletcher getting to meet his teacher and see the school on Friday made all the difference.  He's just excited to go to school!  We're hoping and praying it'll be a great school year for both of the kids.


1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.