Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quick Cinnamon Rolls

I woke up early one morning and wanted to make breakfast.
I didn't want to spend hours on it but wanted something yummy.
I came across a recipe for
QUICK CINNAMON ROLLS

It looked doable, easy and I had all of the ingredients.
Hooray!

I cut the recipe in half since there are only two of us.
Here's what you'll need to make 12 cinnamon rolls:
1 3/4 c warm water
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c oil
3 T yeast

Mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
Add 1 t salt
2 eggs
5 heaping cups of flour

Mix together for 10 minutes.

Dump out onto a floured surface into a rectangle shape.



For the filling you'll need:
1/2 c sugar
2 T cinnamon
pecans and lots of them!

Spread softened butter all over dough.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and then sugar.

For the icing:
pinch of salt
1 t vanilla
3 cups of powdered sugar
milk

My husband recently had a cinnamon roll that he dubbed 
The best cinnamon roll I've ever eaten.
I'm kind of competitive and want the best cinnamon roll he's ever eaten
to be one that I've made for him!
When I inquired about what made it so delicious, he said that it had icing swirled into the roll.
Done!

I love pecans but my hubby isn't as fond of them
so I divided my dough like this.
Then I carefully started rolling it up.
I used a knife to help me carefully get it off the counter.

Rolled up and ready to be sliced.
Start slicing.

Spread them out on a greased pan.
Cover and let rise for less than 10 minutes.
You don't want them to rise too much because they will continue to rise in the oven.
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
Voila!
I let them cool down a bit and then put a dollop of icing on top of each one.
I spread the icing out with a knife as it was melting.

These rolls were really good, quick and easy!
Just like the recipe promised :)
Your family would LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.