Thursday, June 28, 2012

Heading to the Beach this Summer??

We make it to a beach at least once a year.

It's important to be prepared to fully enjoy yourself.
This is what my beach bag contains 
and it takes care of myself and my husband.

1. Tissues because you never know when you might have a sneeze-a-thon or get a little salt water in the eye.
2. Slip on sandals - the sand is HOT!
3. Several sunglasses options
4. Water bottle because you will get thirsty. I usually fill it full of ice so it's good and cold for several hours.
5. Spray on sunscreen.  Apply before heading to the beach but you'll want to reapply throughout the day.
6. Tote bag - preferably personalized :)
7. Candy treats that won't melt.
8. Breath mints in case you get a mouth full of salt water ick.
9. A small mirror - I wear contacts and sometimes have issues on the beach.
10. Lip gloss, chapstick and or lipstick.  My lips dry out with all the salty air so I want to be prepared.
11. A few Ziplock bags.  
I like to keep my phone and camera in them just in case my bag were to get wet.  I also like to collect shells.
12. Camera - never go to the beach without one.
13. My iPhone which takes care of my phone and my music.
14. Wet wipes. We usually get lunch on or near the beach so it's good to have something to wash off your hands with.
15. Notepads & a journal because you never know when you'll need to make a list or write down something important!
16. Reading material and lots of it.  Books and magazines are my favorites.

 One final tip:
Regardless of how cute your cat is and how well he matches your beach gear,
be sure to leave him home with the kitty sitter.
Sorry Topher, it's for your own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.