Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan = My husband's favorite dinner
Before we got married, I'd never eaten this dish.

Several years ago, Kevin tore this recipe out for me
and mentioned that it sounded good.
It has been my go to recipe for YEARS!
Every time I make it, I ask myself, "Why don't I make this more often?"

Here are the instructions on how I make
CHICKEN PARMESAN:
1 chicken breast per person
let thaw or use fresh
 I like to trim all the icky stuff off of my chicken prior to baking.
I also cut the chicken in half to make the pieces thinner because that's what I prefer.
It also cooks faster :)
 The recipe calls for Italian bread crumbs but I prefer plain.
 1 egg scrambled and 1/2 c bread crumbs.
One bowl for each.
1 egg will coat 2 or 3 chicken breasts.
 Dip chicken in egg.
 Move into bread crumb bowl.
 Coat evenly but not heavily.
 Put coated chicken breasts in a greased pan.
Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
 Top with Ragu
Tomato Garlic Onion Ragu is my personal fave.
Put back into oven for 10 or so minutes.
 Top with a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese.
 Put back into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is nice and brown.
 Serve each chicken breast with a generous amount of sauce
on top of a bed of your favorite noodles.
I've used fettuccine noodles but had angel hair on hand this time,
Both are delish.
 This meal is a crowd pleaser for sure!!
Make it for your family SOON :)

I'm linking up with these fun blogs this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.