Friday, September 2, 2016

TGIF

Happy Friday, Friends!!  Hope you had a wonderful week!  We had a great week full of date nights, dinner parties, friends and fun.  Everyone was healthy and happy all week long - hooray!!  We're thrilled to have a long weekend and are working hard to plan some fun things to do.

The best parts of our week:

// 1 //
Football is back!!
We are so excited to have football back in our life again!  We are looking forward to game days, football food, tailgating and cheering on our Notre Dame Fighting Irish.  We kicked off the college football season with a huge plate of nachos for dinner and games on the big screen.  Two of my favorite things - mexican food and football!!  Are you a football fan??

// 2 //
House projects
My dad made a quick visit up to see us this week.  He rebuilt one of our kitchen cabinet doors and came up to install it.  He also brought a load of stuff up from my bedroom that I've used for storage for the last 12 years.  It'll be fun to finally be reunited with all of my things :)

// 3 //
Back to School Fiesta
We hosted Kevin's students at our house for a little back to school fiesta this week.  It was fun to get to know them better and it was neat to get to host them in our house.  We spent almost 10 years being the students while Kevin was in graduate school so it's an exciting milestone to reach where we are hosting students as the professor and his family.  Kevin and Fletcher did the grilling and I did all of the inside stuff :)
 
 

// 4 //
Deals at TJ Maxx
My favorite shopping find of the week for my house has been this lovely gold floor lamp.  I'm still amazed that it was only $59.99!  It looks like it was made for this spot in my living room.  Read more about the great deal I found and my new aztec rug here
 

// 5 //
Favorite Kid Pics
Olive is becoming the cutest big sister.  She's loving giving toys to her brother, making him laugh and smile and there's no shortage of personality in her little body.
Fletcher turned 5 months old and is working hard to cut a few teeth, found his voice and is my favorite baby side kick.


The best posts of the week:




I hope you have a really great weekend!!
Do you have any fun plans in the works?  We're going to see some family, watch football and enjoy a LONG three day weekend to get some projects done around the house.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way your living room has come together...it is gorgeous!! I love that your dad is so handy and does so many projects for you :) And those nachos...YUM. I am not a big carb person...but I can do some damage on tortilla chips. Give me all the salty chips with salsa!! :) Hope you have a great weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So nice of you to host your husband's students!
    I think you have two of the most smile-y kiddos around. So much cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I need to go over to your house for nachos and decorating tips! Yummy looking food and your living rooms looks like it was pulled from a magazine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lamp and the rug you found! I swear places like that are the best spots for home stuff because it always on trend, and there are only a few of each item, so you know not everyone on the block will have it too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room is just gorgeous!!! I LOVE how it turned out!

    And those kids of yours. Only getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your living room is gorgeous! SO very pretty! I love football, too...sadly my Hoosiers are forever "rebuilding" and I have a feeling the Colts will be too this year. However, one of my favorite football memories is doing push-ups after an Irish touchdown! So much fun!! Hope you are enjoying the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! FOOTBALL season is among us! I am really looking forward to having friends together for games and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dad is such a handy guy to have around. I bet he loves helping out too. I almost cried when I read about the fiesta you had. I LOVE that so much opening your home to students is such an amazing thing to do. Love you and your heart for others. I hope your weekend has been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those nachos looks so good! And so do your kitchen cabinets! I am loving seeing your house come together.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.